Become an integral part of mental health provision at Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre where your care will have a lasting positive impact.
- Unique enviroment with a real opportunity to make a difference
- Nurse-led model of primary healthcare offering significant autonomy
- Permanent full time and part time role available
Correct Care Australasia is Australia's largest outsourced correctional healthcare provider; operating across all of Victoria's fourteen publicly managed prisons, one private prison, and two youth justice centres. Our vision, to provide 'Healthcare Without Judgement', is the foundation for the outstanding service we provide across a range of health needs for a unique and hard to reach patient group.
We are seeking full time and part time Mental Health Nurses to join our primary care team at Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre. Working with this vulnerable patient cohort offers our staff the chance to provide continuity of care within a recovery based model.
Essential experience and attributes include the following (selection criteria):
- Registered General Nurse qualification with a post graduate Mental Health qualification or equivalent.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- A minimum of at least one year post graduate psychiatric nursing experience.
- Recent nursing experience in a mental healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to meet the above accountabilities.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Proven experience dealing with complaints and incident management and achieving successful outcomes.
- Ability to participate in the “at risk” on-call roster if required.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications and other data bases as required.
- Police check clearance
- Working with children’s check clearance (DPFC and Tarrengower and other sites as required)
Our recent staff survey highlighted some of the reasons we come to work every day:
- To be non-judgemental, delivering equal care to all
- Working with a great team
- Having adequate resources to do the job well
- Delivering a nurse led model of care which is patient centred
- Autonomy and ability to influence positive health outcomes for patients
- To be able to provide care to a vulnerable population
- Working in a custodial environment which is interesting and challenging
Click apply now!
To obtain a copy of the position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about this role contact Simone Neo, the Health Services Manager at the Malmsbury, on (03) 5421 3152 . Alternatively, you can visit our website at www.correctcare.com.au to see a full list of available positions.
Applicants must successfully undergo a police check and a working with children check. Correct Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer