Make a difference working in an unique correctional environment leading a multidisciplinary team that are dedicated to 'Healthcare Without Judgement'
- Nurse Unit Manager Equivalent
- Opportunity to make a difference in people's lives
- Lead a dynamic and passionate team
Correct Care is Australia's largest correctional healthcare provider; operating in the state of Victoria, Correct Care manages the healthcare centres across all of Victoria's fourteen publicly managed prisons, one private prison, and two youth justice centres. Our vision, to provide ‘Healthcare Without Judgement’, is the foundation for the outstanding service we provide across a range of health needs for a unique and vulnerable patient group.
We are seeking a passionate, resilient and strategic Health Services Manager (HSM) who challenges the status quo who will be responsible for the management of the primary healthcare services at the Dame Phyllis Frost Centre, a prison for women in Deer Park, Victoria.
The role will oversee the operations of the health centre, including responsibility for ensuring the healthcare team meets all contractual and compliance requirements while fostering an environment of continuous quality improvement. The healthcare team has the ability to make positive impacts on the health of people who are more likely to be disadvantaged and experience high rates of significant and complex health needs. This is an opportunity to be part of a unique environment that is rewarding and challenging.
Correct Care lives our values of Accountability, Continuous Improvement, Commitment, Excellence, Team Work and Professionalism. Our ideal candidate will have these values ingrained as well as a commitment to providing compassionate health care to a vulnerable population.
Along with a passion for providing “Healthcare without judgement”, essential experience and attributes include the following selection criteria:
• Registered General Nurse currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
• A minimum of five years post graduate experience
• Recent nursing experience in an acute and/or primary healthcare setting
• Resilience and experience leading teams in a change environment
• Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team within a multidisciplinary environment
• Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills with advanced reporting and writing skills
• Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
• An understanding of financial management including budget development and monitoring
• Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
• Proven experience dealing with complaints and incident management and achieving successful outcomes
• Relevant knowledge of and experience in contributing to quality improvement processes, OH&S and compliance
Why Correct Care?
Our recent staff survey highlighted some of the reasons we come to work every day:
- "To be non-judgemental, delivering equal care to all"
- "Working with a great team"
- "Having adequate resources to do my job well"
- "Delivering a nurse led model of care which is patient centred"
- "Autonomy and ability to influence positive health outcomes for patients"
- "To be able to provide care to a vulnerable population"
- "Working in a custodial environment"
- Clinical Education Program
- Novated Leasing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Special leave
- Paid parental leave
Please apply attaching your CV and an application letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications without an application letter will not be accepted.
To obtain a copy of the position description please email email@example.com or call 03 9252 1709. For further information about this role contact Jeremy Limpens, Regional Manager on 0400 995 939. Visit our website at www.correctcare.com.au to see a full list of available positions.
Applicants must successfully undergo a police check and a working with children check. Correct Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer