An experienced Senior Practice Nurse is needed at a very reputable private-billing medical practice in Sydney's Inner West
- Full time (Monday to Friday only)
- 38-40 hours per week
- Work either 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm or 10am to 6pm (flexible)
- Start date is flexible for the right candidate
The Senior Practice Nurse is a key role within the practice that provides a high standard of quality nursing care through efficient, effective, safe, and timely services to our patients.
- Exercise significant levels of initiative in the direct coordination and implementation of care whilst monitoring appropriate outcomes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional development and ensure a high level of customer service is always maintained.
- Effectively communicate good interpersonal relationships within and outside of the practice.
- All documentation and administration responsibilities will conform to legal and practice policy requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality improvement, risk management, and the accreditation process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the practice principal and medical practitioners, the responsibilities of this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Triage, patient assessment, and care planning
- Clinical patient care
- Diagnostic services – INR, ECG
- Clinical data management
- Assist medical practitioners with procedures
- Health promotion and education
- Acute and chronic disease management
- Health screening and assessments
- Preventative health checks and programs
- Nutrition and weight loss advise
- Physical activity recommendations
- Asthma education and inhaler techniques
- Diabetes education and blood glucose monitoring
- Home anticoagulation therapy education
- Creating Care Plans, GPMP’s, TCA’s, Asthma Cycle of Care, Diabetes Cycle of Care, and review of same
- Uploading eHealth Summaries
- Working with medical practitioners to plan and manage patient care
- Liaise with allied health, community care services, specialist practices and hospitals
- Referral of clients to appropriate support groups and other related community services.
- Coordinating delivery of health care services
- Ensure continuity of care
- Patient advocacy
- Apply nursing assessment skills and nurses practices in a safe and professional manner that reflects practice standards and guidelines
- Perform clinical duties within your level of clinical competency, according to best available evidence
- Acquire understanding and knowledge of patients to achieve social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- Maintain patient documentation in a clinically effective manner, and in accordance with practice policy and procedures
YOU WILL HAVE
- Demonstrated solid IT skills: the ability to effectively manage patient bookings, recalls, reminders, and clinical records within practice software (Best Practice).
- Ability to produce, analyse and utilise clinical data (using clinical audit tools (eg; Pen CAT) to enhance service development and quality improvement initiatives, and achieve quality patient health outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A sound understanding of medical billing and the MBS; in particular enhanced primary care, immunisation, etc
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to people from all walks of life and with different cultural backgrounds.
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills to enable the resolution of difficult or complex issues
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of chronic disease management, care plans, and health assessments
- Current knowledge of immunisation schedules, diabetes management, asthma management, enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques
- Excellent organisational skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise own workload and the workloads of others under direct supervision
- Must be well-spoken, well presented and well mannered
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in a general practice setting
- Experience with accreditation process (5th Edition)
- Current RN registration, Division 1 with APHRA
- Current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Current Employee Working with Children Check
- Current National Police Certificate Check