Fight the good fight for everyday people. Dare to be different. Stand up for the little guy and help right wrongs.
- Friendly and dedicated team environment
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- Opportunity to develop your legal administrative skills
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated professionals who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. With over 40 branches across Australia, we continue to progress and grow our practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands-on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
Due to extended leave, Shine Lawyers is seeking a driven and experienced Administration Assistant join our Mackay team on a part-time, fixed-term basis for nine (9) months or until 30 April 2021. Ideally, you will be able to work Monday - Thursday, however if required, we can be flexible on days per week for the right candidate.
You will proactively provide chargeable and non-chargeable support to our legal team with general administrative duties, in order to obtain maximum compensation for clients, from file opening to closure.
- Reception duties, including greeting clients and organising meeting rooms
- Prepare matters for conference and hearing including preparation of court documents, legal documents and general correspondence
- Drafting briefs, documents such as claim forms and schedule of damages and liaise with Counsel
- Correspond, brief and liaise with medical practitioners and other experts
- Coordinate medico-legal appointments, compulsory conferences and mediations
- General file and archiving management
- General office administration as required (including telephone calls, mail requirements, photocopying, filing, stationery requirements, office purchases etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in an administration / paralegal focused role, preferably across personal injuries
- Fast and accurate typing skills, with Intermediate Word and Excel skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, with a customer service focus
- Excellent attention to detail, including good mathematical ability
- Polished, professional presentation, with a polite and courteous phone manner
- Strong work ethic and keen interest to learn
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and multi-task
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment