Arcare Home Care Services currently have an exciting opportunity for the role of casual Personal Support Worker across Sunshine Coast - Sourthern End
- Casual Position - Must have full availability including weekends, early mornings
- Disability & Aged Care Services - Sunshine Coast (Southern End)
- Close Date: 09/06/2020
Personal Care/Support Worker | Home Care – Sunshine Coast (Southern End)
- Casual Position - Approx 25hrs/fn (potential to increase hours) - must be available for weekends - mornings and afternoons
- Disability & Aged Care Services – Sunshine Coast - Southern End
- Reference Number: 400868
- Close Date: 09/06/2020
As a Personal Support Worker, you will be assisting with Personal Care, Domestic Care and Respite duties, providing Disability and Aged Care Services. The Personal Support Worker role will assist in the transportation of Arcare Facility residents and provide social support including Shopping, Outings and Companionship.
We are a large approved provider with the Department of Social Services and provide aged care and disability services across Victoria and Queensland.
At Arcare we work with clients and families from many different backgrounds. The abilities and ages of our clients vary greatly, but they have one important thing in common. They want to live a happy, fulfilling life with as much independence and choice as possible.
- Have a genuine interest in and respect for the unique personality, history and values of our clients
- Possess a compassionate, caring and supportive nature
- Excellent communication and time management
- Have experience with challenging behaviours
- Assisting with Personal Care, Domestic Care and Respite duties.
- Transportation shifts including one-off transportation shifts for Arcare Facility residents
- Social Support including Shopping, Outings and Companionship
To be considered for this flexible and rewarding role you must be able to provide the following:
- Certificate III/IV in Aged Care, HACC or Disability Work
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate (Formally known as Level 2 First Aid or Senior First Aid)
- Current Manual Handling Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Current National Police Clearance, Yellow card (QLD) / Blue Card (or willingness to obtain)
- Knowledge and availability to work with the NDIS program
- Valid Drivers License, Reliable and Registered Vehicle and current Car Insurance
If you are committed to providing quality and reliable care to help our clients remain as independent as possible in their own home, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, click on the ‘APPLY’ button below.
Important: All successful applicants will be required to have an influenza vaccination before 1 May 2020 as an inherent requirement of the role.
All applicants are required to undergo a National Police Record Check. Police Check must not be older than 6 months