MVP Asia Pacific Inc. is currently looking for a Software Engineer for our client who is a Software Development company that develops software solutions for the Tourism Industry. They allow Hotels and Tour Companies who utilize one or more of our 4 sub-companies to sell their offer online via many different Solutions.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Follow the priority list which is prioritized by the priority committee.
- Work with the Support team to help answer technical queries they have by studying the code and providing answers.
- Maintain existing software solutions as instructed by your IT Manager / Team Leader.
- Develop new solutions when required.
- Ensure a high level of quality by utilizing unit tests that prove your code is working.
- Ensure as few bugs as possible are released by changes you have made. Your changes will be tested before they go live date, your goal is to ensure that when you say something is done, that it doesn’t come back with a fault raised. You are entitled to take more time to ensure that this quality level is reached to your best abilities.
- Be proactive in registering your interest in taking on both development and maintenance and support tasks. Where possible, don’t wait for somebody else to nominate themselves, nominate yourself if you think you can address or investigate the issue.
- Write easy to maintain code by following the development policies as instructed by your IT Manager / Team Leader.
- Code using the language and coding style/format as specified by your Team Leader.
- Contribute to Architectural discussions and provide possible solutions.
- Work closely with other members of your team to discuss solutions.
- Design and build database schemas where required.
- Solve performance faults with Database stored procedures, tables, and indexes.
- Continue to improve, studying the latest tools in .NET, this will help you increase your pay as you utilize these new skills that you obtain.
- Actively liaise with your Team leader to find out what skills they think you are lacking and study those skills to improve.
- Raise important risks or issues that you discover as you are working on existing code with your team leader. For example, unencrypted private data, SQL injection vulnerabilities, etc.
- Actively pursue capability improvement, working with your team leader to identify key areas to improve, and then study, and learn those capabilities.
To be qualified, you should have:
- 5+ years’ experience with C# .NET
- HTML, CSS
- Experience configuring IIS
- Writing SQL queries, and ability to optimize with proper index creation
- Strong problem-solving skills
- .NET Core experience in C#
- AWS environment using ECS and docker
- Writing TSQL with SQL Server and table creation
- MySQL queries and Table creation
- Experience working with Linux
- Key Personality Traits:
- Honest, in all your activities
- Hard-working, striving to be the best at what you do
- Willingness to learn, and a desire to improve and grow your knowledge and capabilities
- Confident, but not arrogant
- Excellent communicator in English, and not shy
Never miss this exciting opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing BPO companies in Clark, Pampanga!