Support living well for people with disability
- Support inclusion for people with disability
- Utilise your knowledge of, and belonging in your local community
- Permanent 2 day week part time role - flexible work arrangement
Prestige Inhome Care makes lives better by helping people remain in the comfort and familiarity of their own home. We aim to be the provider of choice for tailored care that always exceeds expectation.
About the role
The NDIS Support Coordinator is responsible for representing Prestige as a brand for potential and existing clients. With participant visits, this role provides ongoing support and coordination of services in line with the NDIS plan including assisting clients to understand and implement their funded supports in their plan by linking them to community, mainstream and other government services. This is delivered through a holistic approach, and could include:
- Explore support options, and connect with the local community;
- Discuss and understand the NDIS Plan, including goals and funding within the Plan;
- Engage allied health services;
- Discuss or order technology or equipment related to an NDIS Plan;
- Discuss problems that may arise when trying to achieve goals within the NDIS Plan;
- Review the NDIS Plan, the progress towards achieving goals, and ideas for the next NDIS plan
You have a real passion for the industry. You believe in inclusion for people with disability. You love making someone’s day and making a difference in people’s lives really resonates with you and this dictates how you go about your day to day.
You are an excellent communicator. You have an understanding or willingness to learn about inclusion, and about the social model of disability. You work methodically with great attention to detail. Because you are proactive and organised, you have a knack for helping people which makes you reliable and people trust you.
You’re the go-to person for information for all sorts of things. You’re a problem solver. You can think outside the box and if you don’t know the answer, you have a way of finding out. You’re pretty savvy on a computer. You can confidently navigate your way around operating and online systems. You will have a sound understanding of NDIS legislations and rules, including provisions relating to reasonable and necessary support.
If you are a disabled person and/or family carer with lived experience of accessing the NDIS for yourself or a person you love, this could be the role for you.
Experience in a similar role as a Support Coordinator, or NDIS/LAC/Service Coordination or Case Management role is ideal. Related qualifications are welcome, Degree or Cert III or IV in disability or community services. Must have own reliable transportation.
Prestige Inhome Care is a private provider of high-quality home-based care services to vulnerable members of our community. We specialise in providing dedicated nurses and professional carers committed to helping people stay in their own home. Our vision is to help people remain in the comfort, security and familiarity of their own home for as long as possible.
What’s in it for you
- A motivated, purpose driven team to support and be part of
- Stunning new head office located close to home in Moorabbin
- Fun and enthusiastic company culture
- An opportunity to make a difference
Submit your application with your resume and cover letter addressed to Hywell Sebastian. Contact Hywell on email@example.com with any questions about this opportunity.
To find out more about this role and Prestige Inhome Care and to apply for the role, go to www.prestigeinhomecare.com.au
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory National Police History Check. Police check outcomes are considered in accordance with applicable legislation and standards.