We need a talented, pragmatic and passionate Finance and Administration Manager to join the team. Sound like you?
- Join this innovative and well-established New Zealand business
- Contribute as a key financial advisor to the CEO and lead all the support serv
- Drive your career forward in this Nelson based business with a global reach
About the company
Based in Nelson, Heartland Group is built upon a foundation established 25 years ago by a group of likeminded growers with the same quality focus. Heartland Group ownership remains with a group of grower families that know their apples intimately, carefully watch, tend and nurture them through every single step to ensure they safely arrive in the market in perfect condition. An established and sustainable business underpinned by this quality focus in all that they do, Heartland continues to grow nationally and on the global stage.
To support this continued growth through the provision of valuable financial information and core business services that the Chief Executive Officer, leadership team and the Board can rely on, we need a talented, pragmatic and passionate Finance and Administration Manager to join the team. Sound like you?
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, working as part of a talented leadership team and taking overall accountability for the financial management of the company, the Finance and Administration Manager will:
- Lead a small and highly capable finance and administration team focused on the provision of excellent accounting, IT and people & safety services to the company;
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of all management reporting to enable operational and strategic decision making;
- Actively manage the cashflow processes, forecasting and reporting;
- Lead all company statutory compliance – notably around company administration, financial and taxation (with the support of an external tax specialist) and health and safety;
- Through the People & Safety Coordinator, provide robust human resources processes and systems ensuring all staff – particularly seasonal staff - are recruited, onboarded, trained and managed in accordance with company policies;
- With the support of external providers; ensure all systems, applications and technology required is fit for purpose and delivers to the needs of the users;
- Actively contribute as part of the leadership team in the effective operation of the company; taking accountability as a whole for its commercial performance and achievement of objectives.
To be successful as the Finance and Administration Manager, you will ideally be a qualified accountant with sound commercial experience and a track record as a leader of people and accounting processes. You may have expanded your experience to include other corporate services like HR, IT and Health and Safety however a willingness to lead across these functions and a commitment to providing real service to your internal customers will be equally valued.
Of highest importance will be your values and how you operate. You will be willing to roll up your sleeves, working with your colleagues from across the company to get a job done – no matter what that might be. You will be practical, energetic, friendly and collaborative – a great person to have on the team. In return you will be rewarded by this wonderful opportunity to be a part of an exceptional kiwi business that is enjoying real, sustainable success on the global stage. Are you ready?
And you can eat all the apples you want!
How to apply
To discover more about Heartland Group visit https://luvya.co.nz/
For a confidential discussion about the role; contact Julia Hetherington by email to email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 12th April 2021