The opportunity to transfer your strong leadership skillset, agri-knowledge, and passion for numbers into a senior role in a banking environment.
- Excellent exposure to professional development.
- Attractive total remuneration package.
- Enjoy the lifestyle benefits on-hand in Wairarapa.
A BIT ABOUT OUR CLIENT…
The Primary Sector continues to be the backbone of New Zealand’s economy and driver of future prosperity, which is why our client is committed to supporting rural businesses over the long-term. As each rural sector has its own unique characteristics and challenges, our client has a team of rural specialists with in-depth knowledge and expertise across a range of systems including in Dairy, Horticulture, Irrigation, and Red Meat to help support their customer’s agribusinesses.
Reporting to the Regional Manager (East Coast, Manawatu & Wairarapa), this role sits within a Regional team of seven Senior Managers and has the responsibility of approximately twelve direct reports. The region for this Senior Manager role encompasses Tararua & Wairarapa.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Providing leadership and coaching for an experienced team of Relationship Managers across the agri-sector.
- Managing a small number of customer relationships, to remain current and aligned to the customer needs.
- Embedding a strong conduct and risk culture within your team.
- Championing the use of data and insights to build knowledge, capability, and enable better customer outcomes.
- Building a framework for consistent approaches to areas in staff training, operating models, management of credit and adoption of change.
- Continuously looking to build new relationships aligned to business strategy and ensure existing customer needs are understood and met.
This Senior Manager role is an exciting opportunity for an existing Agri-banker or an experienced people leader with a strong knowledge base across New Zealand’s agri-sector. A sound knowledge of business drivers and an understanding of what good farming looks like (financial, environmental, social practices) are highly desired attributes to positively support good business for customers. A passion for numbers, an understanding of cash flow, and financial reporting in another business are highly transferrable skills for this role.
There will be every opportunity to develop your career as our client is focused on seeing their people thrive. The following benefits are also on offer:
- The opportunity to transfer your strong leadership skillset, agri-knowledge, and passion for numbers into a senior role in a banking environment.
- Networking support to those willing to relocate and establish themselves in a smaller region within a close proximity of Wellington.
- Enjoy the lifestyle benefits on-hand with beaches, wineries and the many leisure activities.
- Excellent Public and Private Schooling options for all year levels within Wairarapa.
- Play an integral role in regional growth opportunities (for example the proposed Wairarapa Water Storage Scheme).
- Be part of a close-knit community that enjoys the values of rural New Zealand.
- Benefit of reporting to a highly experienced Regional Manager and working within a highly supportive team.
- An attractive total remuneration package including car, phone, laptop equivalent, Kiwisaver and Health Insurance benefits.
- Excellent exposure to professional development by way of extensive internal training opportunities.
For further information on this role please give Gretchen from Rural Directions a call for a confidential chat on 027 229 2007 or visit https://bit.ly/3rZjy9f (Ref# 657163).
Due to border restrictions, we are only able to consider candidates currently residing in New Zealand with full work eligibility, or NZ citizens/residents returning home in early 2021.