Mechanical Fitter: Fixed plant mechanical fitter to joining the maintenance team during the start up phase of operation.
- Excellent camp and facilities
- FIFO (Perth) or DIDO (regional local centres)
- First gold pour schedule for early 2021
Ora Banda Mining (ASX: OBM) is a uniquely positioned gold exploration and development company as 100% owner of the Davyhurst Gold Project in the highly productive Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia.
After completing over 50,000 metres of drilling, Ora Banda Mining has more than 23 million tonnes of surface and underground resources.
In preparation for first gold which is planned for early 2021, the refurbishment of the processing plant has commenced and commissioning is scheduled for the last quarter of 2020. The processing plant will process ore from both open pit and underground mines.
Davyhurst is located 120 km north-west of Kalgoorlie. The region is host to multiple gold deposits with OBM currently carrying a total resource of 2.1 M oz at an average grade of 2.8 g/t Au.
In preparation for the start-up of the Davyhurst Gold Project, applications are sought from industry experienced and trade qualified Mechanical Fitter’s to join the maintenance team at Ora Banda.
The Mechanical Fitter role is to maintain all fixed plant and related assets for optimum availability on a planned basis and provide a responsive service to unplanned breakdowns.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensure that all tasks are performed utilising work practises that will provide safe working conditions for all employees and that will not jeopardise the safe operation of plant & equipment
- Work towards planned maintenance and inspection activities on a daily basis to maintain all fixed plant and related assets
- Undertake troubleshooting, fault finding and preventative maintenance on all fixed plant and related machinery on the process plant
- Perform unplanned maintenance activities as required
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained to a high level of availability
- Provide mentoring and supervision of TA’s assisting in tasks and regular feedback on performance and ongoing development
- Perform a ‘Hazard Analysis’ for each task so as to identify and eliminate associated risks before commencing work
- Assist other maintenance personnel in their day-to-day tasks as required
Candidate will be considered for the role, with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Trade qualification - Mechanical Fitter or similar
- A minimum of 3 years’ post trade experience in the resources sector working on fixed plant and site infrastructure
- A strong mechanical all-rounder including experience with fixed plant maintenance, pumps, motors and gearboxes, mechanical piping and mobile plant
- Experience in the mining industry conducting maintenance on crushers, mills, conveyors and pumps is desirable
- Excellent fault finding skills and the ability to carry out preventative maintenance and breakdown maintenance
- Good computer literacy skills (basic Pronto highly regarded)
- Industry certificates, including; High Risk Work License, Elevated Work Platform, Forklift (LF), WAH and Confined Spaces
- Current WA manual driver’s license
- Candidates must be domiciled and eligible to work in Australia (without requiring sponsorship) to be considered for employment by Ora Banda Mining.
- Due to the current travel restrictions into Western Australia, interstate candidates should identify their availability to relocate to Western Australia to undertake this role until these restrictions are lifted.
Further information about Ora Banda Mining is available on the Company’s website: www.orabandamining.com.au
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter by following the APPLY NOW PROMPTS.
Shortlisting and recruitment of this role will commence immediately.
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.