Open Pit Mining Supervisor: Responsible for overseeing the day to day open pit mining operations and performance of the mining fleet.
- Supervise open pit operations
- FIFO (Perth) or DIDO (Kalgoorlie)
- Start up open pit gold operations
Ora Banda Mining (ASX: OBM) is a uniquely positioned gold exploration and development company as 100% owner of the Davyhurst Gold Project in the highly productive Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia.
After completing over 50,000 metres of drilling, Ora Banda Mining has more than 23.7 million tonnes of surface and underground resources at an average grade of 2.8 grams per tonne.
In preparation for first gold which is planned for early 2021, the refurbishment of the processing plant has commenced and commissioning is scheduled for the last quarter of 2020. The processing plant will process ore from both open pit and underground mines.
Davyhurst is located 120 km north-west of Kalgoorlie. The region is host to multiple gold deposits with OBM currently carrying a total resource exceeding 2.1M oz at an average grade of 2.8 g/t Au.
In preparation for the start up of the Davyhurst Gold Project, applications are sought from experienced open pit mining professionals to join the Open Pit Mining team at Ora Banda.
Reporting to Load and Haul Superintendent, the Mining Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the day to day open pit mining operations and performance of the mining fleet to achieve agreed production targets.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard of safety in accordance with Company policies and workplace safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure that mining activities are being performed in accordance with agreed safety standards.
- Day to day supervision of the open pit mining activities.
- Engaging with operators during pre-shift briefings to ensure that daily targets and priorities are communicated.
- Monitor equipment usage, maintenance records and availability.
- Conducting regular site inspections.
- Monitor safety performance and implement corrective actions to ensure that safe work practice.
- Monitor stockpiles and material movement to ensure that approved mining sequences are being followed.
- Identify variations to the approved mine plan and take corrective action.
- Monitor the completion of daily production records.
- Development and adherence to systems, procedures, and standards.
- Actively promote a safe working culture.
To be considered for the role, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in an open pit environment
- Previous employment history in a similar role either as owner miner or mining contractor
- A proven history successfully overseeing the operational performance of an open pit mining
- Have an excellent working knowledge of open pit earthmoving fleet and equipment
- Well developed communication and presentation skills.
- A sound knowledge of statutory safety requirements.
- Current WA manual driver’s licence.
- Candidates must be domiciled and eligible to work in Australia (without requiring sponsorship) to be considered for employment by Ora Banda Mining.
- Due to the current travel restrictions into Western Australia, interstate candidates should identify their availability to relocate to Western Australia to undertake this role until these restrictions are lifted.
Further information about Ora Banda Mining is available on the Company’s website www.orabandamining.com.au
To be considered for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter by following the APPLY NOW PROMPTS.
Shortlisting and recruitment of this role will commence immediately.
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.