Promote our post separation support services with the local Indian, Pakistani and Bangladesh communities. Part time. Based in Macquaire Park.
- Build relationships and referral pathways with community leaders and groups
- Ensure families have the right support as they navigate an alien law system
- Work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve
- Newly created position to meet the needs of our CALD clients in Northern Sydney
- Part time (3 days/w) 2 year contract based in Macquarie Park
- $42 p/h + super + salary packaging
Relationships Australia NSW provide a safe, judgement free environment where individuals, couples and families can address the matters impacting their relationships and lives.
We provide specialist services to couples and families as they separate and negotiate parenting post separation which includes meditation and counselling.
Your new role:
You’ll raise our profile as a provider of culturally appropriate post separation support among the sub-continent communities. You will represent RA at interagency groups and other community events.
In addition you will organise and host events to explain our services to key members of the Indian Pakistani and Bangladesh communities. You may be called upon to offer context/advice to colleagues as they support families separating.
You will have
- Strong understanding of sub-continent culture ideally fluent in Hindi or Urdu
- Experience in community development with strong networks among the local Indian, Pakistani and Bangladesh community
- Understanding of the complexities of family relationships including family violence, dowry and navigating a foreign legal system
- Confident presenting to an audience/in a public form
- Have capacity to travel to other service providers
- Valid work rights for Australia, sponsorship not available
- Help families get the right support to navigate an alien system of family law and/or marriage
- Salary packaging, leave loading and additional annual leave
- Strong clinical and supervision framework to deepen our practice excellence
- Work alongside people who truly care about what you achieve. Grow with us as a team
- We have a strong focus on wellbeing including salary packaging, additional annual leave, weekly wellness alerts and fitness passport
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Follow this link to apply.