The role is responsible for converting requirements and design into high quality, efficient code that solves our customers problems.
The role is responsible for converting requirements and design into high quality, efficient code that solves our customers problems. The Engineer will work as part of a team to deliver continual value to the business in defined periodic intervals.
- Break stories into smaller stories and sub tasks
- Accurately estimate work in story points
- Identify any risks with a story and escalate the risks before the start of the sprint
- Participation in all Agile ceremonies in a productive way ensuring that you are adding value
- Work with the Agile Coach or Team leader to continually develop Agile skills
- Write code that has automated unit tests and integration tests
- Understand Architecture patterns and be able to apply the correct pattern for the appropriate problem. Know when to ask for help
- Apply all engineering best practices to all code written
- Perform and receive code reviews as per the guidelines
- Understand and able to work with a sense of urgency on important issues
- Be able to call out and record appropriately technical debt
- Discuss DevOps/CI/CD dependencies with the team and create tasks as needed
- Design and/or influence technical solutions to a low complexity solution aligning with architecture roadmap when possible
- Have a growing understanding of Isentia products, services and business process
- Own a service or component. This means you are the first point of contact if the system or component goes down.
- Continually learn, share, and implement software engineering, data engineering, and DevOps best practices.
- Help to adopt new tools, frameworks, algorithm and technologies to improve the quality of solution design and delivery.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of software product/platform owned by you and your team being responsive to mission critical issues 24/7
- Undertake root cause analysis on downtime to ensure issues are not repeated.
- Lead the team activity to triage the bugs, defects or issues in production with help from Tech Operations and Infrastructure teams in order to meet various SLAs
- Candidates must be a College Graduate in Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology and any other related courses.
- Has 2 years and more experiences in distributed systems, data architecture, data modelling, data integration, developing, building and deploying container-based applications is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Angular2 or higher, AWS, Node.js, Python, and Software Developmental processes.
- Has an understanding of Agile Methodology, AWS Platforms and products, Stream processing and batch processing data architectures, TDD and unit testing methodologies.
- Familiar with Search technologies such as ElasticSearch, SOLR, Lucene is desirable.
- Excellent in English communication skills.
- Can start as soon as possible.