Produce consistently high-quality coffee in our high-traffic environments while delivering great service and experiences to every member.
- No weekend or late night work
- Work in a fun, dynamic team
- Get great insight into the Coworking industry
Casual Barista - Customs House
Reports to: Hospitality Manager
Start date: April 2021
Location: Customs House, Sydney
Employment type: Casual
Ordinary hours of work: The Hospitality Manager will discuss your scheduled shifts with you.
About Hub Australia
Hub Australia provides premium workspaces, business networks, and services across 8 locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Canberra.
Founded and headquartered in Melbourne, Hub has rapidly grown to become the largest privately-owned coworking operator in Australia, with over 60 staff and 3000 members ranging from small business and government to non-profit and corporations.
Established in 2011, Hub is a Certified B-Corporation and the first coworking space in Australia to be certified Carbon Neutral with Climate Active. Hub is a fun, energetic, and dynamic environment with plenty of room for growth – as we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there’s a perfect place for you to grow with us.
About the role
Our Casual Barista is a key member of the hospitality team, bringing high-quality service and flawless coffee to our members and their guests while in our popular in-house cafés.
What we’re looking for
Our Barista will produce consistently high-quality coffee in our high-traffic environments while delivering great service and experiences to every member and showing great teamwork, skills and time-management.
The purpose of the role
- Making consistently amazing coffee
- Connecting with members and providing positive memorable service
- Providing assistance with events and meetings, and catering for guests when required
- Keeping on top of industry trends to offer suggestions as we continuously improve our offering.
- High-standard Barista skills on a commercial machine
- Latte art
- Fast turn-around of orders
- Great customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Following prescribed service standards
- Experience following health & safety policies and procedures, legislation, and standards.
- Management of stock levels
- Experience following industry and café trends
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
We require our Casual Barista to be flexible and embody the Hub values of Collaborative, Adaptable, Resourceful, Accountable & Beyond Profit.
If your experience looks a little different but you think you’d be a great fit, we’d love to hear more about you.
Why Hub Australia is a great place to work
Hub Australia provides premium workspaces, business networks, and services to over 3000 members across 7 locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide.
Hub Australia is a certified Great Place to Work, all while working in our great coworking spaces with access to all the member events, perks, and premium facilities our members love.
Hub Australia’s values
Hub Australia was the first B-Corporation Certified coworking space in Australia, and we’re proud to offer Australia’s first certified carbon-neutral coworking spaces, with all spaces certified through Climate Active.
Our internal values are collaboration, accountability, resourcefulness, adaptability, and beyond profit, all coming together to help us work as a tight-knit, growing team in one of Australia’s most exciting industries.