Payroll Officer - 30 Hours per week (Fixed Term or Temp)
H2R are currently recruiting the position of a Payroll Officer. This position is a Fixed Term 6-month or Hourly Temp position for 30 hours per week. It sits within the Finance Team, reporting to the Finance Manager, and includes assisting with general financial and administrative tasks from time to time.
- Processing one weekly and one monthly payroll, including processing timesheets, maintaining payroll records, IRD filing, performing reconciliations, producing general ledger journals and raising client invoices;
- Responding to payroll and time sheeting queries;
- Maintaining payroll records and completing IR Filing for a fortnightly Contractor payment.
- A proven background of working across the whole payroll function with a sound knowledge of NZ payroll legislation;
- Experience working on electronic timesheet, payroll and accounting systems;
- A sound base of accounting and transaction processing experience;
- Computer literate with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel;
- Able to communicate clearly, both verbal and written;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently (including from home when required) while recognising when to seek advice and help;
- Personally organised and able to manage time to assist with meeting deadlines.
- Can demonstrate honesty and integrity.