Managerial position at a private Day Oncology Unit.
An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced nursing leader to join a friendly and professional management team at a private hospital in Wollongong.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will hold a key leadership and management role, and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources within the department. This role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department. You will also be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery, in line with best practice and legislative requirements. Working closely with the Executive team, you will help shape organisational strategies, improve service provisions and achieve departmental and hospital strategic objectives.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate the following:
- Current registration with APHRA;
- 5 years minimum relevant specialty experience (Day Oncology);
- Advanced cannulation skills;
- Current accreditation and competency in chemotherapy administration with ADAC;
- Extensive proven experience as a Nurse in an acute care setting;
- Any clinical leadership experience or relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded;
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources;
- Experience in management of change processes, risk management and quality improvement processes;
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing and facilitating education programs;
- Alibility to apply research findings to clinical practice;
- Postgraduate studies in a related discipline will be highly regarded.
The right candidate will be offered:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance;
- Professional Development;
- Employee assistance program;
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services.
Hospital, located in Wollongong, is an acute facility offering a full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. The hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, 9 operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. Operating Theatres offer the following specialities: Robotic Surgery; Urology; Orthopaedics; Neuro Surgery; General Surgery and ENT. The Day Oncology Unit comprises of six chairs and two beds for the treatment or management of chronic illness and cancer.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click APPLY to submit your application. Answer all of the questions and attach your most recent CV... it is that simple! Alternatively, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise please check out our website www.ihrgroup.com.au for other available positions.