Be the difference to our Residents delivering the very best of care each and every day
Our Senior Health Care Assistants have a lead role in planning the shift- acting as a role model in the delivery of best practice and supporting less experienced members of staff. You will already be working as a senior carer providing care to older people living with Frailty and Dementia, as well as be trained and competent in additional duties allocated under the direction of the registered nurse, which will include medication administration.
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Have at least 2 years care home or caring experience as a Senior Carer.
- Be friendly, kind, honest, reassuring and an effective communicator.
- Have a can-do approach, be flexible and resourceful.
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork.
- Be trained and competent in Safe Handling & Administration of Medicines.
- Experience of providing care to older people living with Dementia
- A sound understanding of Mental Capacity Act assessment and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Sound understanding of Adult Safeguarding.
- Experience with eCare planning and eMAR
Must be a car driver and willing to travel. This role is peripatetic, meaning that the successful candidate will be expected to work in more than one location.
During the current climate, movement between care homes is strictly restricted in order to reduce the risk of asymptomatic transmission of Coronavirus. Our flexible Senior Health Care Assistants will be allocated to work in blocks of care, exclusively based in one location for a set period for time. They will not be able to move on to their next block of care without an exclusion period, and a negative coronavirus test.
Working Hours: Either Days or Nights and every other weekend
In Return We Can Offer You:
- £12.86 Days and £13.98 Nights - per hour and enhanced pay for bank holidays
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Paid Breaks
- Paid DBS Check
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Employee Assistance programme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Refer A Friend Reward scheme -earn up to £2,000 per referral
- Personalised training plan
- Mileage (paid between homes)
The position will enjoy the variety of working across all four of our care homes. However, this will be by arrangement and under strict adherence to COVID-19 government regulations. The role will be block-booked at a fixed location for a set period. Subsequently, the position will be located at another home for a fixed number of weeks. Weekly COVID-19 testing will continue to take place, as well as swift implementation of any new government guidelines.
The travel element within this role is subject to change at short notice in response to local COVID-19 outbreak status, public health and government guidance.
Come and join us, we’re a great place to work.