Production / Packing Supervision
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (PACKAGING AREA)
BASED LIVINGSTON – SALARY £28-32,000 PLUS SHIFT ALLOWANCE AND BENS
Based in Livingston, ESS’ client is a well-known and highly successful life sciences and medical device business and part of a global multinational. From their high-volume manufacturing site in Livingston, the company supports a range of eye care medical and life science products. The business is going through significant expansion at present as they attempt to get FDA approval to sell products into the USA.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Production Supervisor to lead their packaging area. Due to current Covid restrictions the role is split between early and back shifts (6am-2.30pm / 2.30pm-11pm) and carries a 10% shift allowance. Post Covid this will go back to day shift Monday to Friday.
Reporting into the Head of Operations, the Production Supervisor will lead a team of circa 20 Packing Area Operators. This is a fast paced and volume packing environment. Alongside people management and hitting productivity / output targets, you can expect to get involved in CI/lean and automation improvement projects. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day operations and activities within the packing area to ensure the production plan and targets are achieved
- Supervise team members to ensure operations are carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, adhering to good documentation practice
- Develop & maintain the department KPI’s to improve efficiencies by collecting data, identifying trends and installing visual performance aids
- Identify, implement and sustain process improvements to ensure a superior quality product
- Effectively manage and support direct reports with absence, annual appraisals, training and development
- Support with the documentation and investigation of quality issues using non-conformances, change controls, deviations and implement corrective actions via route cause analysis
- Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety associated with in the packaging area
- Contribute as a member of the second-tier management team to drive the business forward.
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly successful, stable and fast growing business. Excellent long term career opportunities are on offer for the right candidate, along with a base salary of £28-32,000 plus multiple benefits and flexible working conditions.
To apply for this role please send your CV to our recruitment partner Craig Jackson.