Cover Supervisor - Leeds
This successful and large college located in Leeds is working with Academic Appointments to secure a Cover Supervisor from October 2020 on an adhoc basis.
In their most recent Ofsted report, they were described as a "good college" where "Staff are positive about the training, coaching and guidance that they have received from school leaders." and "Pupils were found to have positive attitudes to learning in their lessons, showing respect towards teachers and their peers."
As a Cover Supervisor, you will need to respond to student questions, assist students to undertake work set by their class teacher and to uphold standards of behaviour in the classroom.
The successful applicant must be IT literate and competent in using a variety of software packages.
Cover supervisor required to provide supervision of students across all key stages and subjects areas.
The position of a Cover Supervisor would suit:
- Graduates who have teaching aspirations and are maybe thinking about pursuing a PGCE/SCITT or Graduate Teaching Programme
- Further education trained who are wanting to transition into secondary teaching
- Learning Support Assistant keen for the next step in your career
- Youth worker, running children's clubs and activities
- Sports coaches who would like to work in a school setting
- Undergraduates who have some experience working with children
- Degree qualified
- Experience of working with children
- A passion to teach and develop young minds
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to last minute changes
- 2 recent references
- Current enhanced DBS or willing to obtain one
Rate of pay is dependent on current grade, experience and payroll method.
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.