Data and Assessment Manager required
Position: Data and Assessment Manager
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
We are currently working with a Secondary School based in Leeds, West Yorkshire who are looking for a Data and Assessments Manager to join them from the end of April 2021 for a period of 6-9 month. The role will involve working 5 days per week with no option of remote working.
To be responsible for day to day management and delivery of high performing, flexible and effective data and assessment services that meet the needs of the school.
To line manage the Examinations Officer, ensuring the efficient management of the school’s examination and assessment processes, including compliance with all JCQ and awarding body requirements, appropriate communication with all stakeholders and effective examination administration processes.
To support and develop the school’s internal data and assessment processes.
To support the effective and efficient management of accurate performance, assessment and examination data in a timely manner.
Manage, develop, implement and monitor effective data information systems to support the leadership of the school and contribute to continuous school improvement.
Support the school in ensuring it complies with all aspects of General Data Protection Regulations
National Data / National Agenda Analysis
- Analyse local and national data and prepare summary reports for SLT, Extended Leadership and Governors as requested
Examinations and Assessment
- To line manage the Examinations Officer and to undertake any part of their role in their absence.
- To ensure the efficient management of the schools internal and external examination and assessment processes, including compliance with all JCQ and awarding body requirements, appropriate communication with all stakeholders and effective examination administration processes.
- Develop, implement and manage efficient information management systems that support the Headteacher and SLT in all aspects of their role, ensuring that statutory and regulatory responsibilities are met. This includes providing complex information, advice and guidance to internal and external customers at all levels.
- Produce management information from specialist software systems. This could involve considerable amounts of time extracting and inputting data.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff and others on complex data issues.
- Deliver specialist training on a range of information systems including complex or specialist software.
- Collate information and oversee requests for data and information made under the General Data Protection Regulations and the Freedom of Information Act ensuring all statutory requirements are met.
- Manage, develop, and implement effective systems in relation to information management, data protection and data access, ensuring the school meets all statutory and regulatory requirements. This will include the development and implementation of policy and procedure.
- To be a data champion, developing and implementing policies and procedures relating to data protection and the security and confidentiality of data.
- Manage complex data issues, ensuring effective and timely action is taken to manage any risks.
- Set up and maintain systems to monitor and analyse a range of student data including the school’s ‘Attitude to Learning’ (ATL) data.
- To integrate students data including ‘ATL’ and ‘progress’ data to provide a holistic view of student performance and achievements.
- Working closely with the Attendance Officer, prepare detailed reports for SLT on attendance, punctuality and academic performance.
- Ensure the accurate and timely co-ordination and completion of the school census and other statistical government returns.