Junior/Semi Senior Accountant, Northampton, £17-22.5k
- Study support available where required
- Performance driven bonuses available
- Competitive salary
Are you a Junior Accountant looking for a new challenge in Northampton?
Williams Munroe, Accountancy Practice specialists are excited to assist a Top 15 Practice in their search for a Semi Senior Accountant, to join their offices in Northampton. Our client is a growing national Accountancy Practice specialising in providing services to owner managed business across the UK and due to growth of the business in Northampton, they are now looking for an additional Semi Senior Accountant to join their team.
What exactly does this role involve?
- Supporting a portfolio throughout the year, preparing accounts for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
- Preparing VAT returns and corporation tax returns
- Assisting and developing Junior team members
- Indentifying technical issues and assisting clients in resolution of the issues
- Identifying opportunities to cross-sell services for the benefit of the business and it's portfolio
- Acting in a professional manner to represent the business
- Promoting the use of cloud based accounting packages to benefit clients
- Attending training and development courses to continually improve skills and knowledge
So what skills do you need to do this job?
- You'll be working towards a professional qualification (ideally ACA/ACCA/AAT)
- A minimum of two years previous experience in a practice environment (with exposure to owner managed businesses)
- Excellent communication skills, able to confidently communicate with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to provide high service levels at all times
- Up to date knowledge of accounting principles and compliance requirements
What do you get?
- Competitive salary (£17-22.5k depending on your experience)
- Study support to be considered
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Performance driven bonuses
- Onsite parking at Northampton offices
- Modern working environment
- Opportunity to work with a continually growing, national accountancy Practice
If you are based locally to Northampton and you're looking to work within a progressive, forward-thinking Accountancy Practice, please apply today and a member of the Williams Munroe will contact you to discuss things further. Not for you? Take a look at www.williamsmunroe.com for other opportunities.