Accounts Manager, Hertfordshire, £45-55k
- Exceptional development opportunities
- High levels of client engagement
- Highly regarded independent Practice
Williams Munroe are thrilled to be assisting a growing Accountancy Practice based in Hertfordshire in their search for a highly experienced Accounts Manager. This exceptional business is a highly respected firm operating within Accounts, Tax Audit and Advisory services.
The practice has enlisted Williams Munroe to assist in their search for an Accounts Manager due to continual growth of the Practice. The successful candidate will work from offices in Royston, Hertfordshire, with travel to client premises as required.
The successful candidate will carry out the following:
- Management of client accounts, tax and value-added assignments, inclusive of monitoring budgets and timeframes
- Monitoring work of Junior team members and resolution of issues prior to Partner review
- Assisting in overall management of the team day to day
- Management of a portfolio, including client onboarding procedures to include accounts preparation and tax return preparation, for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and individuals
- General tax advice provision
- Acting as a main point of contact for client requests, informing clients of progress within the service provision and maintaining professional relationships
- Writing of professional letters, reports and other written submissions for Partner review, for us with clients and third parties
- Development and training of Junior staff members, inclusive of appraisals, ensuring that objectives are met and development plans are completed
- Working as part of the management team, to include resource planning, retention strategies and continually improving tools and internal processes
- Keeping up to date with technical knowledge and processes to ensure the highest level of service provision at all times
What skills do you need?
- ACCA/ACA qualified with at least three years post-qualification experience in Accountancy practice
- Proven relationship building skills
- Extensive knowledge of accounts and tax, with the ability to advise clients confidently
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages such as Sage, Xero, Quickbooks Iris
- Proven experience of managing client accounts
- Time management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships, with a strong focus on customer service
What's in it for you?
- Genuine long-term career opportunities
- Competitive company funded rewards
- Outstanding salary, higher than market rate
- Amiable, diverse office environment
If you've considered all of the above and you like the sound of this progressive role in Hertfordshire, please apply today and a member of the Williams Munroe team will contact relevant applicants as soon as possible.