Global next-generation Fin-Tech organisation who serve financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.
What will you contribute?
Our client is looking for an experienced Principal Full Stack Engineer to join our Cloud Services Operations Group under Cloud Enablement. Cloud Enablement responsibilities include all aspects of cloud infrastructure and environment. Cloud Enablement is part of the Development Enterprise Architecture Group and is responsible for our products in Microsoft Azure cloud providing operational excellence, execution and oversight for our client's Azure cloud-based applications. The candidate will engage from the proof-of-concept stage through the production stage providing Azure environment guidance and support for all steps. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of the Azure infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS) through the use of Infrastructure-as-Code and AzureRM templates and Azure DevOps Release Pipelines. Successful candidates will engage, troubleshoot, solution and improve all aspects of the cloud journey.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
As a Cloud Service – Operations, Full Stack Engineer under the Cloud Enablement Group, you will be part of the Global Technology organization and work closely other product engineers, architects and developers to build highly reliable products. The Cloud Services Operations group is responsible for all operational aspects of Azure and will participate in the development, execution, change management, support management and incident management of production cloud applications in a consistent and repeatable manner. In addition, candidates will be responsible for implementing continuous improvements plans and implementing improvements through controlled auditable processes and standards. The position requires on-call event escalation participation, working with various other SRE teams across disciplines to ensure timely solutions and process improvement.
Required Skills & Experience:
Qualified candidates will grow and adapt to new technologies and practices. In addition, candidate will have the following areas of expertise and experience:
- 7+ years of computing experience, knowledge and excitement about the terrain and 3+ years of direct Microsoft Azure experience or equivalent Amazon AWS experience in like technologies
- A solid grasp of the programming tools at their disposal, and knowledge of the time and place to use each one
- Working experience with configuration management (e.g. Ansible/Puppet/Chef/DSC)
- Working experience with monitoring (e.g. OMS/APM/AppDynamics) and notification systems
- Strong/Expert knowledge of Azure ARM templates, PowerShell, AZ CLI, shell, Python
- Pragmatic problem-solving abilities dealing with complex systems
- Comfortable wearing lots of hats in a heterogeneous environment: working with web servers and databases, and software, dashboards and various IaaS systems and PaaS resources
- Ability to deliver long-term, repeatable IaC solutions that incorporate directly into an overall CI/CD process
- Strong/Expert knowledge of container provisioning and management (Docker/Docker Swarm/Kubernetes) a strong plus
- Strong commitment to standardization
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
The Cloud Enablement Group place exceptional value on experience and skills that directly align our needs within the Azure tech stack, specifically experience and knowledge of:
- The Cloud Enablement Group place exceptional value on experience and skills that directly align our needs within the Azure tech stack, specifically experience and knowledge of:
- IaaS and PaaS technologies in general and a deep knowledge of the tools to support the infrastructure and platform
- System Engineering
- Deep knowledge of Windows, Linux, directory services, etc.
- Network Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of networking and SDN
Specifically, environment delivery and support for the following or their AWS equivalents:
- Specifically, environment delivery and support for the following or their AWS equivalents:
- Azure Kubernetes Service / Kubernetes
- Docker, Docker Swarm
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Azure Service Fabric
- Application Service Environment
- Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Azure APIM, APIM
- Azure AD, Directory Services
- Azure OMS/Application Insights, AppDynamics
- Global Traffic Manager, Front Door, Application Gateway, f5
- Redis Cache
- …any Azure PaaS resource in an automated, repeatable fashion through a combination of Azure ARM templates, PowerShell, shell, Python, etc.
- Provisioning and capacity planning
- Cloud SDN (Azure)
- Operationalization of solutions from Development POCs through Production
- Strong security/audit awareness
- Vulnerability and patch management
- Large-scale, enterprise operational experience
- Experience participating in audit, change management and incident management