Qualified Accountant required for global financial services firm in Belfast
- Technical Accountant
- Qualified Accountant
Hayward Hawk Professional Services is delighted to be partnering with their client to appoint an Accountant for their Belfast office.
This client has a global presence and is recognised in their industry sector worldwide.
This particular Accountant hire will sit within the Technical and Training team for the firm which supports the wider finance teams internally. Someone with an enthusiastic and motivated attitude along with a the technical experience required will prove an excellent fit for this team.
As Technical Accountant your responsibilities will include;
- Providing timely advice and support to the finance teams
- Assist in business proposals and the development of new services
- Training and development for junior team members
- Ensure teams have the relevant skills and knowledge to execute their positions successfully
- Ensure client SLA's are met at all times
- Assist in the development of process and system implementations and improvements for the purpose of increasing efficiency and reducing risk
- Responsible for providing reviews prepared by the wider team to ensure highest standard of quality is delivered at all times
To be considered, you must meet the following criteria;
- Qualified Accountant - Audit experience/background preferred
- Experience of regulatory reporting, IFRS, UK GAAP and willing to research GAAP
- Experience of providing support and advice to clients and internal teams
- Must be highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong time management skills and able to work to tight deadlines
- Confidence to liaise with peers across all levels of the business and communicate effectively with senior management
- Knowledge of PE/FS would be an advantage but not essential
- Advanced Excel skills are key specifically pivot tables
This position is based in Belfast and offers career development and opportunities across the wider company and its locations.
The client are offering an excellent salary and benefits package to attract the most suitable candidate in the market.
For further details on this or any other Accountancy and Finance position, please contact Nadine Savage confidentially on 02896931375.