The software architect is responsible for leading efforts across the entire company portfolio.
- Over 10 years experience of software systems design and development
- Over 5 years working as an Architect
- Proficiency with Java stack
The software architect is responsible for leading efforts across the entire company portfolio. They will be facing clients (B2B), internal projects, business and our development team and management. The architect leads the end-to-end implementation between the company platform to clients as well as to 3rd party providers.
What you will do:
Who you are:
What you will do:
- Building and maintaining an accurate collective vision of solutions and development initiatives
- Communicating and delivering the vision to the business at a high level and the team at an operational level with particular focus on our internal platform/tools and our core websites.
- Owning the overall responsibility for building and maintaining the Architectural roadmap or runway
- Contributing to the architecture of projects and planning activities that are associated with the growth of the company.
- Strongly influence and improve existing modelling, design and coding practices within the company
- Collect, generate and analyse innovative ideas and technologies in a collaborative manner with key communities of practice and business domain areas.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies and vendor solutions.
- Implement POCs and pair with technical leads on implementations.
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- The position requires constant communication with customers and internal business partners.
- Drive the synchronisation of the following across the solutions where applicable
- Production infrastructure
- System security
- Data security and quality
- Scalability, performance and best practice non-functional requirements
Who you are:
We are specifically keen to hear from professionals who can demonstrate the following background and experience:
- 10+ years of software systems design and development
- 5+ years as an architect
- Proficiency with Java stack: Java 8+, Groovy, Scala, Hazelcast and Vertx frameworks
- Hands on experience with streaming technologies – Kafka, Flink, Spark
- Hands on experience with CI/CD, and DevOps: Atlassian stack, JetBrains TeamCity, Nexus etc
- Hands on experience with container technologies: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker
- Hands on experience with monitoring and logging tools: Grafana, ELK etc
- 2+ years in the online gaming industry
- Experience working on complex enterprise grade software projects
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Experience with SOA or microservice architectures and understanding of cloud environments
- Experience with webservice core standards like HTTP 1/2, WSDL, SOAP, REST
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Experience with event-driven applications using queues, service bus and other related patterns
- Prior experience with relational and non-relational database technologies: MySQL, Postgresql, DynamoDB
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking): Nutanix, AWS, Infrastructure as Code solutions: Cloudformation/ Terraform
- Experience of building high-performance systems which scale linearly
- Strong experience in Linux: Ubuntu, CentOS
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skill
- High level of English.
- Experience in a client-facing, project-based role
- Motivated, pro-active, self-starters who thrive on issues and challenges, and can carry a team with them on a journey.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and technologists to think through complex problems; provide challenge where necessary; act objectively, rigorously; constructively and creatively; and to define workable solutions
- Experience of identifying and mitigating technical and solution risk, including working with 3rd Party systems and successfully incorporating them into a solution