A unique opportunity for an expert Java specialist to be a key figure in our world-leading video analytics and data management platform.
A unique opportunity for an expert Java specialist to be a key figure in our world-leading video analytics and data management platform, delivering radically faster video intelligence to law enforcement and security teams to help solve crimes and save lives around the world.
We are seeking an expert in scalable, distributed applications to work on our flagship product and other upcoming innovations. The development team partners with Queen Mary University in London, Cambridge University, NVIDIA and others to deliver bleeding edge software, delivered through a modern, slick, browser-based front end. You will be working with a modern tech stack on new and greenfield projects, with the opportunity to contribute across the board, from tech, design and architecture choices, through feature development and product release.
In order to be considered for this role you must have played significant role(s) in major core, business-critical systems, with key considerations such as scalability, uptime, heavy load etc.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in software development
- Deep experience with large, business-critical systems
- Architecting scalable, distributed applications
- Handled considerations such as distributed storage, coordination, computation and resource allocation
- Hands-on coding to implement these systems
- Java 8+
- RESTful APIs / microservices
- Docker / container orchestration (ideally Kubernetes)
- Agile methodologies
- AWS / cloud
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree in a technical subject
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Big data tools and technologies, e.g. Apache Spark
- High performance / low latency software
- Anything related to GPUs
- Open Source proven enthusiast
- Startup or startup-like experience
- Experience in working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Knowledge of security best practices
The management team combines deep domain expertise in the Security arena (having represented British government at the highest levels of counter terrorism and policing) with an acute understanding of the technology landscape, including deep learning / deep neural nets and graphics processing (several of our technology team are world leaders in their fields).
Their Gen 1 product is developed and is already being deployed to help solve high profile investigations in the UK, US and Australia. Our client has found crucial evidence in multi-million dollar fraud cases, a rape case and a homicide case that may lead to convictions that would not have been possible without their services.
People come in all shapes and sizes! We are and our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.