Our client, a large insurance brokerage based in Dublin City Centre are looking for Claims Handler to join their team
You will be responsible for the day to day processing of all claims reported for Risk Management and Client Corporate Practice clients, providing support to a team of defined claims executives and making a contribution towards the overall effectiveness of the claims team.
- Provide the best possible service and advice to clients, in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Achieve quick and fair settlement of all claims using all possible means to protect the client.
- Provide Insurers with all documentation/information necessary to the settlement of claims.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business and objectives.
- Arrange up to date claims experience for renewal and claims meetings with clients and attend meetings as appropriate.
- Keep Account Director/Executive/Team Leader advised of all large and/or contentious claims and any problems.
- Attain and develop and industry knowledge and skills required to deliver and enhance client service.
- Develop an understanding of the legal issues and processes involved in handling clients claims.
- Acquire knowledge of preparing claims reports, workflow statistics and management information as directed.
- 1-2 years relevant insurance experience.
- Excellent IT Skills (including Excel and Word).
- APA/ CIP qualified.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain clear lines of communication with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Accuracy with good attention to detail and ability to check work of self and others.
- Flexible and a team player – ability to develop close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues.
- Ability to identify areas to improve efficiency, accuracy and analysis and suggest ways of improvement.