Our client is looking for an experienced Head of Corporate Risk to join them in their Carmarthen based office. The role is for 9 months from March.
- £52,192 - £54,081 per annum
- 9 months maternity cover vacancy
- Head of Corporate Risk opportunity
Our client is looking for an experienced Head of Corporate Risk to join them in their Carmarthen based office. The role is 9 months from Mid-March working 37 hours a week Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm with early finish on Fridays. The role is a grade 15 and therefore attracts a salary of £52,192 - £54,081 per annum depending on the candidate’s experience.
The ideal candidate:
- The provision of competent occupational health, safety and welfare advice.
- To advise on matters relating to Health and Safety at work, including the obligations and responsibilities of Managers and employees.
- To develop and assist in the implementation and promotion of the Services’ Health and Safety policies and procedures, including Risk Management, Accident Prevention and Occupational Health related issues.
- To advise Management of the Strategic Risks within the organisation and the associated factors for reducing their potential impact.
- To undertake all work associated with our Employer / Public Liability Insurance matters.
- Be the focal point for all Employer’s / Public Liability Insurance matters within the Service including litigation claims, insurance reviews of Service assets etc.
- A proven track record managing change.
- Relevant experience of providing advice and guidance on H&S issues at a senior professional level.
- Experience of dealing with litigation claims and associated requirements of insurers.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and analyse relevant information within the regulatory framework.
- Experience of managing budgets.
The ideal candidate:
- Relevant Degree, professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- A relevant health & safety qualification - Nebosh Diploma in Health & Safety or a risk management related degree or a Masters or Safety, Health and Environmental Degree.
- A relevant management qualification or demonstrable management training and development.
- Thorough understanding of reviewing and assessing health and safety performance and advising on changes to practice as necessary.
- Understand and apply the different levels of Health and Safety compliance required across a multi functional environment.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant legislation within the Health and Safety Environment.
- Understanding of benefits associated with devising, developing and implementing H&S management systems, policies and strategies.
- Good understanding of the political environment.
- An understanding of the concept of continuous improvement and its implications for the Fire & Rescue Service.
- Recognizes the need for compliance with regulation and associated reporting and is responsive to observations from audits.