Health & Safety Advisor - Civil Engineering & Utilities contractor
SSA are currently recruiting for a leading Civil Engineering & Utilities contractor who are looking to add an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to their team to help support the delivery of a newly awarded, long-term Power project. The company is also a highly regarded contractor dealing within the Water, Power, Gas, and Rail sectors.
The role will see the successful HSEQ Advisor become a key component of the scheme, reporting into the HSEQ Manager and Project Directors, whilst overseeing the safety of operatives, gangs, supervisors, project managers and so forth.
- Advise and assist all appropriate Managers to discharge their responsibilities for the Health and Safety of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Statutory Regulations and Company practice.
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Manager.
- Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
- Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company Accident/Incident Reporting Procedure and analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any recurrences.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan.
- Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Statutory Legislation and Contract Requirements.
- Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
- Participate in the work of safety committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce.
- Assist in the preparation & review of project H&S documents including those of 3rd parties
- Experience within Civil Engineering & Electrical sectors
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (or similar)
- Degree/HNC/HND in related area (desirable)