We are currently seeking a Commercially focused Senior Project Manager to join an innovative, family run SME, based in the South Region.
We are currently seeking a Commercially focused Senior Project Manager to join an innovative, family run SME, based in the South Region. As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for the management of design/Build projects ensuring projects are delivered on-time, in budget and to client satisfaction, either by running larger complex projects yourself or overseeing Project managers smaller project portfolios.
The main purpose of this role is to oversee larger complex projects whilst mentoring/coaching and supporting Project managers.
Key responsibilities and duties of this role...
- Programme, plan and manage the day to day running, co-ordination and delivery of the projects assigned to you or your team
- Maintain or improve GP% on all projects.
- Look for opportunities to increase project profitability with effective procurement and possibly through variation orders.
- Deliver the project in line with the key milestones set out in the Construction programme and branding guidelines, covering key dates, finance and paperwork.
- Manage project and H&S risk management on your projects and ensure that project sites under your control are in line with current health and safety legislation and company policy.
- To manage your sites in line with company policy and current legislation (site managers deployed if applicable)
- To deliver your projects on time and to budget
- Draw up realistic but progressive project programmes and include set milestone dates (to allow review of programme adherence)
- Arrange and procure labour for your projects in line with the critical path
- Liaise with central procurement to ensure that materials are procured for your projects
- Maintain an accurate and up to date cost record on all your projects (via web based Smartsheet format)
- Trigger the project invoicing (via accounts team) and checking to ensure payment of them in line with project payment plan
- Achieve project completion sign off by client (and consultants if required) to dates agreed
- Look for ways to increase profitability, possibly via achieving Variation orders
- Attend Projects meetings and training sessions as booked by the SPM / OM
- Update Ops Manager with any significant site or construction knowledge gained
- Update Procurement and Pre-Construction Manager with any significant cost change knowledge gained
- Attend half yearly performance review / Scorecard meetings
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
- Previous experience in a senior project management position
- minimum of 10 years design/build project management experience
- Ability to work in a team communicating and liaising with other team members to hit common goals and deliver projects.
- Ability to work with attention to detail
- Good personal discipline, organisation skills and ability to develop and adhere to systems and reporting. Excellent time keeping
- Transparency, honesty, openness and keeping to your word.
- IT Literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to work with CRM
- Previous experience and knowledge in the construction, fit out and refurbishment industry.
- Driving Licence
- Additional certifications that would be useful but not essential: CSCS, PASMA, SMSTS, 1st Aid
- Build strong customer relationships exceptional service and a ‘can do’ attitude that surprises customers.
- Salary between £60,000 - £70,000 per annum DOE
- KPI Driven Bonus Structure
- Monday - Friday 07:30- 16:30 (Flexibility required)
- 20 days holiday + 8 days BH
- Pension Scheme
- Expenses payable
- Modern office spaces