The Engineer will bring technical delivery abilities to the development teams and provide support for delivery of production systems.
HAYWARD HAWK is pleased to be recruiting for a C# Engineer within a global firm of professional intermediaries that plays a pivotal role in the world’s financial, energy and commodities markets.
The Engineer will bring technical delivery abilities to the development teams and provide support for delivery of production systems. The Engineer will be proactive in addressing issues as they arise and be capable of taking on responsibility for completing complex delivery tasks with the support and supervision from the Senior and Principal Engineers.
The Engineer will be passionate about software development, a self-learner, and keen to grow their technical skills to help their development team to be successful. They should be comfortable working in agile teams, foster transparent communication, have a commitment to quality, and a focus on getting things done.
Development, Architecture, SDLC and Delivery
- Act as a technical developer on a team, demonstrating good technical competencies and a desire to improve those competencies to become a valued and independent contributor to the team
- Be capable of engaging in the analysis and design for assigned work and were possible contribute
- With support from the Senior and Principal Engineers participate in the design, development and testing of software changes or features and ensure that they successfully deploy into a production setting
- With support from the Senior and Principal Engineers be capable of contributing to the development of complex systems and make modifications to existing systems
- Be able to communicate the architecture and principles behind a system to other members of the team
- Support the use of preferred planning and prioritisation tooling to capture and track deliveries, identify issues and help with iteration planning and prioritisation
- Be proactive in supporting the team’s engagement in a well-defined SDLC that supports planning, prioritisation and delivery needs
- Support the team through helping with estimation of work to be done by leveraging previous experience and by discussing requirements and potential solutions with other team members
- Learn to recognise patterns in the software systems so that it is possible to have meaningful conversations about wider system architecture with the Senior and Principal Engineers
- Learn how to evolve systems towards target state architecture through the use of directed refactoring and prioritisation of deliveries
Communication and Team Participation
- Under direction from the Senior and Principal Engineers ensure that best practice and architectural strategy is being followed effectively
- Participate in retrospectives and seek opportunities to drive best practice
- Be supportive of other team members where possible and help ensure value in activities such as code reviews and seek opportunities to share experience and knowledge with other team members
- Seek to become a reliable contributor with only minimal supervision and support
- Change, Risk and Issue Management
- Support team in identifying and escalating risks as appropriate in timely manner
- Work with SEs and Test Engineers to help triage and prioritise issues
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis for production issues as needed
- Work with team members to provide time and resource estimates, and where possible identify potential areas of risk and suggest mitigating actions
- Use tools and methodologies to support the effectiveness of the development process
- Assist and facilitate prioritisation of software defects and enhancements
Ensure that you understand the risks and controls on your department; what could go wrong, what controls you have to prevent/detect or contain these.
All staff have defined risk management responsibilities. The Group imposes additional responsibilities on line-managers and senior managers. It is critical that all staff discharge their risk management responsibilities when undertaking their role. Specific responsibilities are incorporated into employee objectives, and your performance against these objectives will be assessed as part of the firm’s performance management process. You will also be required to confirm that you have discharged your risk management responsibilities through the annual risk management attestation process.
- Experience of CI and CD in an enterprise environment
- Experience of using a programming language in a professional environment
- Experience of using agile tooling to support team delivery
- Experience of contribution to open source projects
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, Systems and Over the Counter (OTC) products
- Open to innovative ideas/ experiences and ability to create new ideas, approaches or insights
- Seeks opportunities for improvements
- Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
Dynamic & Competitive
- Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
- Goes that “extra mile”
- Is a self-starter
- Shows evidence of being comfortable working in fast paced or pressured environments
- Enjoys a challenge and is able to escalate
- Does not give up easily
Open & Communicative
- Adapts communication style to suit audience
- Projects personal credibility
- Interacts confidently without being overbearing
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment
- Keeps emotions under control in difficult situations
- Handles criticism constructively
- Able to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Promotes loyalty to the business and its principles
- Works ethically and shows respect for both professional and company values Public
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Technology roles in Belfast, Dublin or London, please apply via the link below or contact Jane Donnelly in the strictest confidence on 02895 902688.