They hire testers who prefer to test software with software but will deploy manual and informal practices eagerly when called for.
Software Engineer In Test
HAYWARD HAWK is pleased to be recruiting for a Software Engineer In Test within a very well established and well-known client in Belfast. This is an exciting time to join their expanding team and become a part of something bigger with room to grow!
As the SET you’ll have a big impact on the firm across several businesses. You’ll take an exploratory approach to software testing and adopt different testing practices depending on the context in which my clients are working. They hire testers who prefer to test software with software but will deploy manual and informal practices eagerly when called for.
Their environment is fast-paced and collaborative, and though their current project is written in Java and deployed to EKS, they routinely encounter and work in different languages, frameworks, and systems. My clients value engineers who are proficient in multiple languages and frameworks because they know they can quickly learn the next one that comes up. They’ve recently written testing software with Cucumber, JUnit, Golang, and Python.
- Write self-documenting and well-structured tests that will be easy to work with and adapt for the next SET who comes along.
- Explore and understand the quality of software that delivers real value to the businesses. They often work with micro-services, managed by Kubernetes, sitting behind UIs written in rReact.
- Bring a focus on quality to all phases of software development, by collaborating with your agile team.
- Work as a part of a small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews, and strong engineering practices.
- Support the definition of test automation frameworks and their adoption as part of the wider software quality strategy that embraces automation and, where applicable, manual testing.
- Help grow the team by participating in interview loops, coaching and mentoring your colleagues, and improving our processes and practices.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to live and work in the U.K.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other demanding engineering degree (or equivalent work experience).
- 4 or more years of professional experience working as a part of a multi-person development team, doing code reviews, testing, CI, trunk-based development, and/or other modern software practices.
- Fluency in at least one of the following core languages: Java, Python, Ruby, C#, or Golang, and at least one secondary language.
- A broad understanding of software systems from CD pipelines to databases to micro-services to front-ends.
- The ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies quickly, as required.
- Adaptability: while you enjoy establishing process and standards, you understand the need to be flexible and enjoy trying new things.
- An intuitive understanding of distributed architectures – experience with reactive architectures is a big plus.
- A DevSecOps mindset and a driving desire to deliver value through software.
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Private health insurance for medical and dental
- 25 days annual leave plus 10 NI national holidays
- Great work/life balance and flexible working hours
- Monthly catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Poker tournaments
- Charitable matching gift program
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Technology roles in Belfast, Dublin or London, please apply via the link below or contact Jane Donnelly in the strictest confidence on 02895 902688.