Experienced Embedded Firmware Engineer required to lead firmware team lead
- Embedded C/C++
- Technical Leadership
- System Architecture
Principal Firmware Engineer – Team Lead£50,000 - £65,000
Cubiq Recruitment have partnered with one of the most established and highly reputable engineering companies in the UK, who are currently looking for a Lead Firmware Engineer to head up the Embedded Systems & Firmware division within the R&D team. The company in question are market leaders in their field with a global reputation and customers on every continent on the planet.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Firmware Engineer with technical leadership qualities and experience to be a part of one of an innovative, forward thinking engineering environment. If you’re looking to develop your career further and join a business where excellence is engrained into the company culture, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include leading the development of low-level embedded software for existing product range, system architecture for new product development, and holding other engineers across the engineering team accountable for their design ideas and solutions. Despite this being a technical lead position, you will bereft of line management responsibilities, and will be tasked solely with overseeing high calibre embedded development.
In addition to a formal qualification (MEng, BEng, HNHD, etc) within Electronics Engineering or a similar technical discipline, candidates should be able to demonstrate key skills the following areas:
- Minimum 10 years of low-level embedded firmware development
- Strong experience with Embedded C, and a good familiarity with C++ programming
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Previous work on a variety of Microcontrollers, with a strong familiarity of STM3 & ARM family in particular
- Experience with Matlab and/or Simulink tools
- Experience of leading technical development on various projects
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the business, and with internal and external stakeholders
Interviews for this vacancy are due to commence in April. As such, we are urgently encouraging suitable candidates to apply via the link provided ASAP to ensure they do not miss out.
This vacancy may also be suitable for candidates with the following job titles:
Embedded Software Engineer, Embedded Systems Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Software Team Lead, Firmware Team Lead, R&D Lead.