Servicedesk / 1st line Support Engineer required to join an MSP in their Hemel Hempstead office
- Servicedesk / Helpdesk support experience
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Interest in pursuing a career in IT
You'll be joining a busy support team for a successful MSP (Managed Service Provider) who provide technology solutions for a range of clients across the UK. Solutions include Infrastructure, Networking, Security, Firewall and Professional Services so the range of tickets and problems will be varied and challenging.
The 1st line support team consists of 5 other engineers so you'll have people to bounce off and learn which will help you improve your skills. You'll also have a really strong 2nd and 3rd line team for escalating the more complex problems. The team currently fix circa 60-70% of problems 1st time and escalate the remainder of issues - problems can be as basic as password / log in issues through to full systems issues.
Issues / calls are pushed through a ticketing system so you will be working in a structured way but key to the success is ensuring that customers receive a first class service and that their problems are resolved efficiently and effectively.
The ideal candidate will come from one of two possible backgrounds:
1) An established 1st line / Servicedesk / Helpdesk Support Engineer who wants to join a company who supply a range of technology products and offer the opportunity to progress
2) An IT Graduate (Networking, Information Systems or Computer Science) who has demonstrable customer service experience, strong verbal / written communication skills and the desire / drive to move in to a career in the technology industry. Understandably the last year has been tough so if you graduated in 2020 and found it difficult to get that 1st job in IT then this could be the opportunity you're looking for!
We are looking for people that have some / all of the following:
- 1st Line / Servicedesk Support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ideally gained in a customer service / call centre environment
- A degree or college qualification in a technology related discipline
- Skills in some of the following technologies / disciplines - Server, Infrastructure, Networking, Firewall, Office365 / O365, Hardware, Software, Exchange, Fortinet, Cisco