WMG are looking for an experienced proof reader to join their team. We can consider this role in a part time or full time capacity.
We are a digital agency with a difference. Combining data led creativity with our analytical approach, we have established a track record for helping businesses improve their online visibility. Through innovative digital campaigns, we have retained a leading client base across the UK and internationally including Card Factory, Radley, 118 118 Money, Grand Central, Thorntons and Robins & Day.
Inquisitive by nature, our blend of technical expertise and imagination generates impactful results. Service offerings continue to expand as digital marketing evolves and our dynamic team of experts are at the forefront of these advances specialising in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Programmatic, Content Marketing, Outreach and Digital PR.
WMG are an IDHL Connected Agency, proud to be one of the award-winning specialists that form this growing group. With over 20 years of experience, we pride ourselves on consistently keeping pace with the rate at which this industry transforms and plan to keep this momentum
We are currently recruiting for a Proof-reader to join our team based at our Harrogate office. Currently we remain working from home following government guidelines, but once safe to do so, we do expect to return to the office in some capacity, so the ideal candidate will live within a commutable distance to our office.
We can consider either Part Time or Full Time candidates for this position.
This role sits within the 13-strong Content Team working across a range of clients in different sectors e.g. Fashion, lifestyle, medical, finance, travel, logistics etc. to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are maintained. This position will include a variety of duties such as checking adherence to brand guidelines and client house style, fact checking, proofing and amending copy ensuring all content is finished to the highest quality standards before publishing.
You will provide assistance on a variety of different content material including online content, guest posts, articles, blogs, white papers, and guides.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Proof reading and amending copy
- Fact checking
- Optimising content
- Ensuring that content adheres to the brief, client house style, and tone of voice.
- Liaising with your point of contact to produce correct content standards
- Implementing best practices of web-based writing including writing meta descriptions and title tags
- Liaising with the writers to make sure quality is excellent including giving constructive feedback
- Working to tight deadlines
- Writing content for client’s time permitting
You will have previous experience as a writer/proof reader within an office environment. You will have strong academics in English and the ability communicate clearly and confidently.
Most of all, you will have a drive to progress and succeed within this role and work well within a team.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Educated to degree level or have ‘A-level’ English or equivalent.
- Excellent writing skills, including grammar, spelling, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced, enthusiastic, energetic team bringing ideas to the table.
- Experience of proof-reading articles, copy editing, and amending according to internal or client requests.
- Journalism/ writing experience, particularly for an online audience.
- Excellent knowledge of SEO best practice.
- Fluent, confident and clear writer, able to communicate a wide range of information effectively and concisely.
- Ability to hit deadlines and co-ordinate your workload accordingly.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for their own work, ensuring accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU
TRAINING AND PROGRESSION
We believe in investing in our employees, working with leading training providers and professional bodies to expand your skillset, with regular workshops, lunch and learns.
We offer a comprehensive two-week induction programme, as well as ongoing training, and we create tailored Personal Development Plans to support your career aspirations.
The diverse range of specialisms across our business provide plentiful opportunities to get a taste for new areas within digital marketing and broaden your experience.
With the nature of our business ever evolving, time will also be given to research and investigate new technologies to ensure we maintain up to date knowledge of the industry.
Employee well-being is high on our agenda, after all, our people are at the heart of everything we do and make us who we are. We pride ourselves on the range of benefits we’re able to provide and want to ensure our staff are satisfied.
A performance bonus rewards effort, whilst our quarterly company awards recognise individual achievements.
We’re a social bunch too with regular company events to look forward to – theses have been very much missed this year, but we look forward to bringing back our summer party, picnics and the always much anticipated Christmas party.
Not only that, but we genuinely like each other too, it’s not just a work thing! This year we have embraced virtual get togethers, countless quizzes and a ‘Thirsty Thursday’ here and there!
Thinking of your future, we operate a Company Pension Scheme, that, like a fine wine, improves over time, rewarding your loyalty over the years. We even offer a private health plan to make sure you’re well looked after.