Broster Buchanan are in search for an experienced Data Scientist to join a fantastic business based in Warwickshire paying up to £55,000.
Broster Buchanan are in search for an experienced Data Scientist to join a fantastic business based in Warwickshire. This vacancy has been newly created to support the expansion of the finance and digital team after a series of successful projects that have positively influenced the business.
My client is looking to pay in the region of £50,000 to £55,000 (negotiable) and initially will see the role being home based. The business offers excellent benefits and fantastic progression opportunities.
You will be required to:
- Complete a range of projects across the business based on the needs and requirements
- Work alongside data scientists and data analysts, as well as other cross-functional teams (data engineering, developers, SMEs) in an agile environment to ensure end-to-end project delivery
- Prepared to deputise Data Science and Analytics Manager.
- Perform large scale data analysis and develop, test, manipulate and produce effective statistical models to a high level of accuracy.
- Develop predictive statistical models using both supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms for forecasting, clustering, optimisation etc
- Design and develop algorithms using data science techniques to increase profit, reduce cost and improve working models
- Interpret statistical models and provide visuals / reports to deliver insight to project stakeholders using nontechnical language
- Drive best practices for data through use of new technologies, machine learning and AI
- Use a Hadoop/Spark big data ecosystem and program within Python / R to provide analysis and insight to solve problems across the business
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent
- Previous programming experience in Python, R, Java, C++
- Experience using relational databases in SQL
- Experience using big data ecosystem – Hadoop/Spark/Cloud computing
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
- Demonstrated technical excellence in statistics, and data analytics (data processing, design of experiments, inferential statistics, regression analysis, statistical modelling, machine learning), either through experience in commercial setting or via relevant academic research area on large datasets
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to translate theory into business practical
If you feel this role suits what you are looking for and you have the experience and knowledge to fulfil this position then please apply.