Hiring for the position of Electrical Technician
Job Title: Electrical Technician Department Maintenance
Reports To Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- To carry out the Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of all Electrical Equipment in a very safe manner for a Power Plant located at Sohar and Ibri.
- To Install, Test, Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components and identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with international codes.
- Able to perform in Plant all predictive and preventive maintenance activities as per Plant Annual Maintenance Plan.
- To perform Plant Day to day corrective Maintenance activities for all Power Plant Electrical Equipment located in a Power Plant and as assigned by the Electrical Team Engineer / Supervisor.
- Hands-on experience with MV and LV Power system repair works including Motors overhauling, Bus Bar, Circuit breaker (Vacuum, Air and SF6), Magnetic contractor Maintenance, etc.
- Able to work on Plant UPS Maintenance, DC System and Battery system.
- Hands on experience of Protection relay and calibration.
- Can work at Plant Emergency diesel Generator and Black start diesel Generators.
- Hands on experience with 21 KV Generator Circuit Breaker Maintenance.
- Hands on experience for Maintenance of Large size PowerHV,Unit and Auxiliary Transformers.
- Able to work on the Electrical and control system of LV and MV System.
- Working experience of HVAC, Fire Fighting, MOVs and Unit Auxiliary Electrical Control.
- Shall have troubleshooting skills for Power and control circuits.
- Hand on Experience with MV and LV Motor overhauling, assembly and disassembly procedure, etc.
- Working Experience and well versed with Static Excitation system, SFC of Gas Turbine Gas System. Supervisor.
- Able to work on Workshop Electrical Maintenance works.
- Be on call to resolve emergency breakdowns as active member towards uninterrupted plant operations.
- Support to ElectricalEngineer in spare parts management as required.
- Well versed with OHSE Management system and specifically PTW, Lock out Tag Out procedures.
- Supportive to Electrical Engineering compilation of all required information/data/records on Electrical system maintenance and repair work done for necessary reporting.
- Fill in necessary maintenance work order forms and PPM forms/schedules as guided by Supervisor.
- Adhere to company's HSE and security policies at all times and report any violations to HSE representative.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures at all times.
- Work with Other CO workers with best technical support to ensure reliable Electrical Maintenance roles.
- Act as guided by Electrical team Engineers and as instructed from time to time.
Communication and Working Relationships
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Engineers
- Shift Charge Engineer
- Other employees within the department
- Other Departments (If required)
- Vendors, Suppliers
- Consultants, if required
- Other parties, if required