Great permanent opportunity to work for a bespoke residential builder/developer on a range of quality focused, low volume projects
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Permanent
- Secure developer with a good pipeline of work
- Bespoke, low volume housing developments
Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 + package
Sector: New build Residential developments
Start Date: Flexible
Our client is a successful residential builder developer with an established reputation within the South West market and beyond. Typical projects are low to mid volume residential developments of 3,4 and 5 bed houses.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the regional commercial team. You will be responsible for leading the day to day commercial aspects of new build residential developments. This position will report to a Commercial Manager.
Typical duties & responsibilities:
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- Prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
- Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Assist in-agreeing final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
- Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
- Maintain control of sub contractor`s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
- Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
- To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed.
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project in their control.
- Prepare or assist with cost / value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of the project.
- Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
- You will have solid experience with either a national or regional house builder
- Demonstrable experience of delivering residential projects within budget and programme as Junior or Assistant QS
- Keen to progress a long term career
- Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
- A good team player, someone who wants to be part of a growing business to achieve common goals.
- Competitive salary
- Company car allowance
- Company benefits package
- Varied and unique residential developments
- Continued local work within the South West region