Great permanent opportunity to work for a residential contractor on a range of large scale housing developments across Somerset.
- Quantity Surveyor - Permanent
- Residential contractor with a good pipeline of work
- Mid-high volume residential developments
Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Somerset area
Salary: £40,000 to £55,000 + package
Sector: New build Residential developments
Start Date: Flexible
Our client is a successful residential builder with an established reputation within the South West market and beyond. Typical projects are new build mid to high volume residential developments of 3,4 and 5 bed houses as well as apartments.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the regional commercial team. You will be responsible for leading the day to day commercial aspects of a new build residential development based on site /between site and office This position will report to an experienced Senior or Managing QS.
Quantity Surveyor: Typical duties & responsibilities:
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- Help to prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
- Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Assist in-agreeing final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
- Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
- Maintain control of sub contractor`s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
- Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
- To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed.
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project in their control.
- Prepare or assist with cost / value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of the project.
- Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
Quantity Surveyor - The Person
- You will have at least 3 years experience with either a national or regional house builder as Quantity Surveyor
- Demonstrable experience of working on residential projects
- Keen to progress a long term career
- Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
- A good team player, someone who wants to be part of a growing business to achieve common goals.
- Competitive salary
- Company benefits package
- Varied and unique residential developments
- Continued local work within the South West region