Fantastic permanent opportunity to work for a successful regional main contractor as Design Coordinator working on new build projects across sectors.
- Design Coordinator - Permanent
- Regional Main Contractor - Local work
- New Build - Commercial & Residential
Title: Design Coordinator - Construction
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
Sector: Construction, Residential & Commercial
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a successful main contractor with an established reputation within the South West market. Typical projects are between £3m and £15m in value across commercial, residential and education sectors. The company has an excellent pipeline of work within the South West and is a growing business with progression opportunity.
Design Coordinator - The Role:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Design Coordinator to join the pre-construction team based from the Bristol office. You will be working closely with a Design Manager on a range of New Build projects as part of the pre-construction and post construction teams based between sites and the office.
You must have construction experience in a Design focused role for either a main contractor or Architect.
Design Coordinator - Accountabilities and key tasks:
- Arranging and chairing the Design team meetings to lead the process with the consultants and sub contract designers, issuing minutes and ensuring the resulting actions are actioned
- Collate and manage the contract specifications, drawing and related documents for the construction process
- Carrying drawing reviews issuing comments then ensuring all comments are added accordingly to the design
- Carry out technical reviews of any proposed works to ensure contractual and technical compliance.
- Prepare and manage the Design and procurement schedule and issue information release schedules to set design target dates
- Offer input and design reviews into the procurement process
- Providing design support to Project Management teams.
- Review and implement value engineering opportunities
- Utilising specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L compliance are attained as required.
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy all planning conditions are discharged
- Lead Design review workshop with the client / tenant to ensure understanding and satisfaction with proposed works
- Manage the Design Change Proposals for client sign off
- Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
- Issue, track and close out any Requests For Information that arise to enable the design to be completed.
- Assist in the collation of the O&M Health and Safety file
Design Coordinator - The Person
- You will have solid experience with either a national or regional main contractor or potentially Architect.
- Demonstrable experience working on post construction design and build projects.
- Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
- A good communicator, able to liaise between different departments in order to achieve a common goal.
- Competitive salary
- Company benefits package
- Varied projects across sectors
- Continued local work within the South West region.