Facilities Manager within a fantastic, modern distribution centre. based in Chesterfield
- Facilities Manager
- Health and Safety responsibilities
- Successful established business with a great modern facility
Facilities Manager - located in Chesterfield
Basic salary negotiable depending on experience up to £40,000 + benefits
My client is a large distribution centre based in the Chesterfield area and they are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to join the team as a key hire. The role is immediately available and will incorporate traditional facilities management responsibilities but also some health and safety. This is an internationally known business and you'll be working from a start of the art facility. If you're looking for a new challenge within the FM space this could be a great opportunity for you.
- You'll be managing the core services for the location including security, maintenance, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Co-ordination of building services such as heating and air conditioning would also come under your remit in this role
- You'll be supported by a Facilities Co-ordinator that will report to you and there may be some additional management responsibilities for some of the service team.
- A key part of this role is ensuring that the building and operational processes meet health and safety requirements from a compliance and reporting perspective. This would include risk assessments, accident investigation and reporting and inspections. There would be some health and safety training of staff when required, for example on inductions etc. Someone who can stay on top of new legislation and ensure quick roll out of any changes.
- The role also includes co-ordinating the work of contractors, preparing documentation for tenders for contractors and managing costs for goods and services under your remit.
- It's essential that you have experience as a facilities manager previously and can demonstrate success in this environment
- We also need someone with either an IOSH or NEBOSH certification with a good knowledge of recent workplace health and safety protocols. This is an essential requirement for the role.
- Experience working within a distribution centre environment would be an advantage but we can consider manufacturing or engineering environments as an alternative.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as well as negotiation and procurement ability. This role will need you to work both as part of a team and in a stand alone capacity.
- Someone with good attention to detail, process driven and able to identify areas for improvement.
- The basic salary is negotiable depending on experience up to a maximum of £40,000
- There is a bonus scheme available after passing the probationary period
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional benefits
- Excellent career development opportunities within a successful and growing business.
If this sounds like your kind of role then please apply below asap and we will respond to shortlisted applicants within 48 hours.
Highbridge Talent are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role