C1 Align have a great opportunity for a TBM Manager to join our Tunnel team. Be directly responsible for the longest tunnels on HS2.
As the Down TBM Manager with Align, you will have a key role in delivering one of Britain's flagship engineering projects that includes a 15.75km twin-bore tunnel through the Chiltern Hills and a stunning viaduct over the Colne Valley. The scale, complexity and importance of this project make this a career opportunity like few others.
The Align opportunity
The construction of the Chiltern tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct are two of the most eye-catching and challenging engineering projects on the HS2 route. Align is the joint venture created to achieve this task – we've created one integrated team of specialists from three partners with global reputations: Bouygues Travaux Publics, VolkerFitzpatrick and Sir Robert McAlpine.
By joining Align you can become an integral part of this landmark project – with the opportunity to develop your expertise as the project progresses and leave a legacy to be proud of for the rest of your career.
The ALIGN TBM Manager will be directly responsible for ensuring all TBM operations and tunnel excavation complies with the overall programme, budget and specifications of the project and will see you:
- leading a team of Engineers, Surveyors, and sub-contractors in the delivery of twin 16km tunnels;
- promoting Health and Safety leadership to the team, and ensuring quality, timely and safe work practices;
- fulfilling Health & Safety responsibilities by adhering to the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Management Plans;
- managing TBM personnel, subcontractors and staff appointed to the contract;
- ensuring that the allocated budget is respected;
- ensuring that the site is maintained to the high standard expected by the management of the company;
- carrying out any disciplinary measures necessary to site operatives, site foreman or subcontractors in accordance with the procedures;
- complying with all Company’s Policies and Procedures;
- developing and influencing innovative delivery solutions;
- undertaking other reasonable duties appropriate to the role.
- A degree/ masters qualification in Engineering or similar and experience which demonstrates applied knowledge of Tunnelling or Cross passage works on a major project.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Sub contract experience
- Computer skills across the whole Microsoft Office suite;
- A full understanding of technical requirements and techniques of setting out and coaching of team members
- Strong communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Awareness of procurement practice
- CSCS Card
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ALIGN. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. As a Disability Confident employer, we commit to interviewing any candidate who disclose having a disability and meet the minimum requirements details in the job advert. If invited to interview, please inform us of any Reasonable adjustments you may need, in order to attend.