Continuous Improvement, DFMA, LEAN Six Sigma, Manufacturing, Operations
Operations Engineer - Continuous Improvement
Ingenium Technologies - Los Angeles, CA 91355
Additional Job Postings: http://www.ingeniumtech.com/tech_staffing/
An Operations Engineer is needed to solve difficult problems and continuously improve our manufacturing organization. This position will provide leadership and direction in manufacturing for programming, processing, tooling or working with development engineering on new hardware.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provides technical solutions
- Supports new capital equipment purchases and implementation with justification documentation
- Creates cell layouts and process improvement initiatives
- Uses basic Six Sigma and lean tools to improve processes
- Uses basic concepts of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly and supports new product introduction
- Represents the company with our customers
- Supports updates to management on operations status
- Participates in process improvements on a project level
- Supports the manufacturing floor for any process related questions and develops/trains other members in the manufacturing process
- Creates, maintains and develops new process documentation and updates work order documentation
- Implements complex engineering changes
- Adheres to applicable Quality System requirements and supports process audits
- Initiates and supports Process Flow Charts, PFMEA, and Control Plans
- 5 to 10 years experience in an operations role preferably in the aerospace and defense industry
- 5 to 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment with direct involvement in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Background in LEAN Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA)
- Experience with CNC Programming Gage R&R, mechanical, hydraulic equipment
- Experience with product drawings, GD&T, flowdown, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in technical/science required
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Professional certifications preferred (AWS, SME, CWE, CWI, etc.)
Position: Direct Hire
Travel: 20% domestic and international required
Compensation: Highly Competitive with Benefits
Location: Los Angeles, CA 91355
Employment Criteria: This position includes access or potential access to ITAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Employment Statement: Ingenium Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Proof of eligibility for employment will be required upon employment.
Due to the requirements of the Customer, No Visa sponsorship is available.