The System Sales Representative, Security & Fire is to deliver quality products and services which meet or exceed customer and industry standards, and
Job Title: System Sales Representative, Security & Fire
Department: Alarm Installation
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Reports To: Vice President, Alarm and Detection Construction
Our client is a regional leader as a life safety and service provider. They provide high-quality fire detection and extinguishing systems to commercial and industrial customers. They provide indispensable services of testing, installation, maintenance and emergency repair of life safety systems, which protects the lives and assets of the customers with a goal of zero down-time due to fire.
The System Sales Representative, Security & Fire is to deliver quality products and services which meet or exceed customer and industry standards, and to achieve customer satisfaction through a unified commitment to job competency and unsurpassed service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate new security business through supporting the Sales Force and Existing Customer Base starting with identifying Security opportunities with Key Accounts.
- Interface with customers as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) and trusted advisor. Address their concerns in a knowledgeable and respectful manner.
- Create detailed take offs from drawings to include reviewing and understanding construction drawings (Division 1, 26 & 28) including Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Special Systems, Electronic Safety & Security and Fire Alarms for sales to the contracting community and owner direct.
- Submit and track bids to the contracting community and owner direct.
- Main point of contact with the customer throughout the life cycle of the project including, engineering reviews, ordering and tracking equipment, scheduling preconstruction site reviews, scheduling installation and/or commissioning, and scheduling final acceptance. Compile documentation such as test reports, certificates of completion, and L&I certs. Compile change orders.
- Track P&L to ensure project meet quality standards, customer expectations are met and company profitability goals are achieved. Identify shortfalls in a timely manner to improve project outcome.
- Provide technical support to other sales representatives as the subject matter expert for security.
- Conduct site surveys and pre-bid walk through as needed to determine scope of job, to include time, materials and labor.
- Prepare proposals complete with bill of materials, labor, subcontract, travel and any other charges as needed. Secure subcontractors if needed.
- Create detailed project descriptions and scopes of work.
- Gather as-builts and/or PDF’s from electrical contractors for coordination with engineering.
- Complete estimates and reports in a timely fashion.
- Log all work in appropriate Tracking systems (quote logs, Estimating Log etc)
- Create and maintain relationships with various general and electrical contractors to focus on the expansion of our “Security Business” in the new construction and retrofit markets. Link contracting success with service sales department for service contract opportunities.
- Keep informed of new products and developments.
- Attend in-house training sessions and manufacturers’ training as assigned and/or required.
- Report all accidents, mishaps and/or customer complaints immediately.
- Work cooperatively with other departments within the company and with fellow coworkers.
- Manage time for maximum coverage of contracting and electrical engineering community.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: 5 + years related experience
- Preferred: Pertinent experience in the industry
- Preferred Certification: NICET, PSP
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Building Codes, Security Design, & Fire Alarm standards
- Knowledgeable in Networks and data base management basics
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and be able to apply those concepts
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; work well under pressure and tight deadlines understanding diverse vertical market environments
- Strong organizational ability and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Able to interact with all levels being served.
- Represent the company in a professional, credible manner in speech, written communications and appearance
- Able to adapt behavior to different people and situations. Be flexible by adjusting interpersonal approaches appropriate to the manager/employee
- Must pass random substance abuse tests
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Position requires bending, twisting, stooping, climbing and lifting of 10-20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to temperature changes, small spaces and confined spaces
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine manipulation frequently
Interested in the tremendous opportunity, please contact me directly.
Manufacturing & Mechanical Construction