Under direction of the Engineering and Maintenance Manager, the Project Engineer manages projects to meet all technical requirements while assuring th
About this Company
A career with this company offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with this company is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work:
Our Norwich, NY location is unique when it comes to this company. At this company's Bio-Science Center, we are a leader in manufacturing hydrolyzed protein for the global food and pharmaceutical industry. Our finished products are used in raw materials in the majority of the top 25 Blockbuster drugs. We have approximately 120 employees at this location that perform various tasks such as production, maintenance, warehouse/logistics, HR, supply chain and quality.
What you'll do:
Under direction of the Engineering and Maintenance Manager, the Project Engineer manages projects to meet all technical requirements while assuring they stay on-time and within budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Create capital proposals including scope document, cost estimate, and timelines.
- Development of a detailed scope of work, creation of equipment specifications, finalizing purchasing documents, creating and maintaining detailed timelines, expediting and receiving material and equipment, and commissioning activities.
- Develops project specifications by making calculations, preparing process flow diagrams (PFD’s), piping and instrumentation drawings (P&ID’s), site and floor plans, elevation drawings, utilities matrices, and other project documentation as applicable.
- Leads the selection of contractors/vendors in actual design and specifications of installations.
- Conducts feasibility studies for new or existing systems.
- Recommends improvements in the area of operational safety for a project.
What you'll need to be successful and safe:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- AutoCAD experience a MUST
- Background in Food Manufacturing or Pharma industries.
- 3+ Years of experience with Project Engineering.