Summer internship program for Jefferies Energy Group in Houston as Investment Banking Analyst
***This opportunity is NOT exclusively for CareerSpring students. However, we highly recommend that you apply through CareerSpring so that we can give you feedback on your application and help you prepare the best application possible for this opportunity.***
Jefferies offers a full range of investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management products and services. The Jefferies Energy team, based in Houston, represents one of the largest dedicated Energy sector investment banking teams in the world. Our unique structure combines corporate finance and advisory capabilities with a large technical team of geologists and engineers collectively delivering superior financial solutions through industry and banking expertise.
With over 80 professionals worldwide, the team completed 190 bookrun financings and advisory transactions since the beginning of 2012 with valuation of approximately $215 billion, and well over $300 billion of energy M&A since 2007. The group has been ranked #1 in number and value of U.S. shale sell-side M&A over last 5 years, and executed eight of the top 15 U.S. onshore E&P transactions ($134 billion of total deal value) and five of the top ten U.S. midstream transactions ($111 billion of deal value) since 2007. We have advised on over $150 billion in midstream transactions since 2012, including two of the three largest midstream M&A transactions in the last 12 months and five of the eight largest midstream M&A transactions in the last three years. We are a leader in innovative oil and gas financings having raised over $30 billion in private capital since 2012 utilizing a wide range of structures and assets.
- Jefferies Investment Banking Summer Analysts have the unique opportunity to gain insight into a global, client-focused investment bank and experience an entrepreneurial environment where employees have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and are rewarded for performance.
- Our Summer Analysts are exposed to Jefferies’ full range of top-tier investment banking products and leading industry expertise by working closely with senior bankers on pitches and live deals. Our lean deal team structure will not only provide you with unparalleled hands-on experience, it will help you develop lasting personal and professional relationships with peers and senior bankers that will serve as the foundation for a successful career.
- Following an enriching orientation and training program, Summer Analysts will begin working on their day-to-day responsibilities, with support from colleagues serving as both instructors and mentors throughout the 10-week engagement.
- Jefferies’ collegial program also offers a series of social and educational events to further enhance your professional development and grow your network.
- As a way to help maximize your experience with us, Interns will receive formal performance reviews.
- Application including resume to be submitted through the Jefferies website.
- Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow and multiples-based analyses
- Build and use financial models
- Prepare pitchbooks and live deal materials, such as offer memorandums and prospectuses
- Conduct industry and product research
- Analyze detailed corporate and financial information
- Participate in the execution of financings and M&A transactions
- A strong academic background and be completing the JUNIOR YEAR of a four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent program. Although a background in accounting or finance can be helpful, we hire Summer Analysts who have studied a variety of disciplines.
Candidate Skills and Traits:
- Eager to make an impact by doing real, hands-on work and participating on active deal teams.
- Ability to multitask and manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate professionalism and client management skills together with strong technical, written and verbal communication skills.
- The work is fast paced, challenging and intellectually stimulating. The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, be adaptable and work both independently and as part of a team are essential traits of a successful candidate.
Deadline: Apply ASAP
Location: Houston, TX
To apply, please, click "Apply Now" and submit your resume. A CareerSpring staff member will follow up with you shortly after.