This position will work in the commercial industry designing casework, cabinetry, seating, and interiors.
One Tech Engineering is searching for a Designer for a long-term contract/consultant assignment in Northfield, Minnesota, who has previous experience with cabinetry design or commercial design experience. The Designer should have prior design experience and intermediate to expert knowledge for CAD drafting and designing. This position will work in the commercial industry designing casework, cabinetry, seating, and interiors.
- Uses AutoCad and other software in the design of custom hospitality projects
- Designs on specific hospitality industry projects as assigned
- Makes changes to designs to improve upon design after mocked up in the shop
- Assists in planning meetings making suggestions for interiors for the hospitality industry
- Works in the Hospitality industry designing casework/cabinetry, seating and interiors
- Works closely with estimators and shop floor to ensure high quality products
- Must have a working knowledge of AutoCad 2016
- 1-3 years of experience required
- 1-2 years of millwork experience preferred
- AAS in Drafting or Design
- Working experience with different types of materials: wood, metal plastics
- Previous experience in a millshop, woodshop or cabinet shop preferred