SMPP Supervisor contract role available, to start ASAP
Leading Global engineering, project delivery and operations management group with expertise in the areas of project development, mining, mineral processing and plant optimisation are looking for a SMPP Supervisor to start immediately. Position is based in Booysendal, experience in mining is preferable.
Main Purpose of Job (Role)
- Responsible for all on-site management- discipline specific
- Safety, Health & People Management
- Quality Management
- Schedule Management (Plan, control, co-ordinate and monitor construction activities to meet the overall project programme and key activity dates)
- Materials Management
- Construction Management
- Documentation management and reporting
- Ensure that the erection is completed timeously and complies with the specifications, terms and conditions of the contract and project plan
- Technical qualification, diploma or degree – SMPP discipline Essential
- Applicable construction related experience in discipline
- Applicable management experience in EPCM, Main contractor or mining
- Ensure knowledge of SMPP specifications and standards.
- Ensure that the SMPP scope and area of responsibility is fully understood.
- Ability to interpret the construction drawings and models to ensure that construction is carried out correctly.
- Manage the onsite constructability methodology for all major construction activities.
- Assist with providing solutions for any construction related technical issues.
- Knowledge of the commissioning procedures to assist with plant commissioning.
- Be aware of all labour legislation as well as to company policies and procedures.
- Verify all site delivered equipment alongside Materials Control, confirming equipment tag numbers, approving the packing lists and checking against the Mechanical equipment list.
- Receive all hand-over and safe working certificates from Civil and Earthworks contractors, prior to allowing mechanical contractors into work area. Keeping a clear record of access dates
- Confirm equipment and tag numbers prior to installation. Also checking correct guard placement and general safety integrity of equipment.
- Ensure all structural steel and platework is correctly installed, checking support and brace steel, dimensions, levels, holding down bolts, bolt threads, spacer plating, grating, grating clips, hand railing and safe access.
- Check pipe routing and alignment against latest revision drawings and 3D models, confirming pipe sizes and line numbers. Ensure instrumentation, valves, flanges and nipples are correctly placed. Check access to manual valves.
- Report any discrepancies and misalignments to the Project Engineer and Construction Manager, confirming the root cause of misalignments or errors (Civil, Steel, Mechanical, Piping, Equipment, Drawings)
- Contract Management
- Quality Management
- SHE Management
Applicants must have the relevant experience, must be available immediately and willing to work on a contract basis in Booysendal.