Join a leading international environmental consultancy in UK to support high level EIAs on large infrastructure projects, including the HS2 Project.
- Qualification/professional experience in relevant environmental/technical field
- Experience: managing multi-disciplinary EIA team on large infrastructure project
- To be based in: London/Oxford/Manchester/Birmingham - UK/European/SA citizen
A leading international environmental consultancy in the UK requires a Senior / Principal level Consultant for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) to join their Major Projects on the HS2 Project (High Speed 2 is a planned high-speed railway in the United Kingdom from London to Birmingham and with a second phase to Manchester).
Required Skills and Experience
The candidate needs to have EIA background working on large infrastructure projects, combined with the following skills and experience:
- An individual with experience of supporting/managing a multi-disciplinary EIA team to deliver overall outputs and independently managing work streams
- Experience of project management relating to budgets, programme and forecasts
- Able to draft technically sound EIA reports with specialist inputs in accordance with internal technical and quality assurance processes
- Able to demonstrate experience dealing with clients in all aspects, e.g. meetings, managing expectations, interfaces across teams and disciplines
Understanding and take into account stakeholder input (both internal and external) in the process and delivering a robust ES.
- UK experience is preferred but the client will also consider international candidates
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Qualification or equivalent professional experience in the relevant environment or technical discipline or equivalent
- The knowledge and ability to apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to environmental assessment and design processes and products.
The incumbent will ideally be based in one of the company's UK offices in London, Oxford, Manchester or Birmingham.
₤45 000 to ₤65 000 p.a. depending on experience