QR - TO
QUALITY REGULATORY AFFAIRS SPECIALIST
Our client is a global distributor of chemical products and has established a position as one of North America’s leading distributors of specialty chemicals, ingredients and raw materials. Long-term partnerships with major global chemical and ingredient suppliers, ensure that they offer a comprehensive portfolio of the finest, most innovative products to its customers across all core markets in Canada and the United States. The Quality Regulatory Affairs Specialist supports the quality, regulatory and health & safety systems with a focus on improvement of processes in these areas to reduce risk corporately. This position ensures that the company meets and complies with Canadian Chemical Legislation and assists our principals and customers in meeting Canadian regulations relating to safe and proper handling of chemicals.
- Maintain and improve the environment management program. Ensure regulations for hazardous waste management are met.
- Maintain and improve the processes for Principal Risk Assessment and Supplier Evaluation & Monitoring. Communicate outcomes to the organization.
- Review and provide input with regards to determination of disposition for non-conforming material.
- Track and resolve cases in CRM, including complaints and internal corrective action requests, using root cause analysis tools as assigned.
- Review customer Quality Agreements and other customer requests and provide input, as required. Provide written technical responses to customers on quality issues and requests.
- Clearly communicate customer expectations to the organization.
- Provide input on quality control / quality assurance activities.
- Keep current with methods and processes relevant to the analytical lab.
- Ensure validation processes, products and other material are completed as required
- Support the Health & Safety Coordinator in implementation and maintenance of the Health & Safety Programs.
- Review batch records for blends and sample testing results, and initiate any necessary corrective or preventive actions.
- Create and update New Product Assessments and other technical documents, as assigned.
- Conduct internal audits to support all systems including AIB, ISO9001, FSSC 22000 and CACD RDC.
- Report on process performance as required.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Keep current on legislation and regulatory requirements, as they relate to our products. Communicate potential impacts of new legislation or regulatory requirements to the organization.
- Assist with maintenance of product quality and safety by providing technical information and identifying and implementing process improvements as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology or related field
- Good grasp of GMP’s, AIB, HACCP, FDA regulations, WHMIS, TDG
- Computer literacy
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan and prioritize, meet deadlines
- Strong customer focus, both internally and externally
- Minimum 3 years experience in a food and/or pharmaceutical regulatory position
- Quality assurance experience would be considered an asset
A competitive salary is offered with great benefits provided. Excellent career growth opportunity with an innovative company. If this sounds like the right role for you and you are confident at what you bring to the table, please contact Michael van Olm at MacDonald Search Group email@example.com 403-444-6487.